Votes: 49 11.3%
  • 46 +

Votes: 35 8.1%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
May The Force Be With You
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering what the age brackets are for those throwing themselves down the side of a mountain...

·
Citizen Of Earth
366 Posts
24...been on this horse for 3 years and only broken my nose. {Shin-mush doesn't count, it comes with the territory}

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Old enough to know better, young enough to still do it :)

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Well hardly a DH / Freeride rider, I'd say I've had a good go at it (about a year) but not really geame enough to go fast on the hard stuff.
30yr old lady

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'll be 40 in June
Just built up my 4th downhill bike over the winter (951).
And still riding my cross country / trail bike (Tracer vpp) regularly.

·
Registered
382 Posts
43; mountain biking for about 17 years (few years off in between due to kids). Freeriding/downhilling - Going on third season. I'm really pissed that these bikes weren't around twenty years ago. I'm also pissed that Chair served is only now getting more mainstream and common in my area. I'm running out of time. Probably only twenty years left in these bones. Oh well, better make the most of it.

People that I work with think I'm out of my mind. My wife just shrugs her shoulders. My dad, who is 67, says, "wtf"? :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
49 - 1st true dh bike this year, riding a FR bike for 3. Wish I would have started earlier, but lovin it.

Need more trails closer to home.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Winner!

.........so far.........I am 57 and will be 58 for this season's events and fun at the CO resorts and for shuttling. Been hard at it for 3 years now; started with a Demo 8, went to a Demo 7 and now on a 2010 SX Trail with a 170mm Lyrik Coil DH - as my skill level went up, I needed something lighter and more nimble. Enjoy and wear armor! :thumbsup:

·
Jackalope Hunter
934 Posts
36... started freeriding at about 30... Living in the flatlands, I didn't get to ride real DH till I was about 32.

Whatever, i'm hooked for life. Never found anything more fun.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts