Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the age of everyone that is in this sport? i only ask because i always thought it as a younger kinda person sport but the more i look around the more i see that it has all kinds of ages in it. also if u want what kinda biking do u do

Im 20 and i just started to be serious about the sport and think im more of a XC/Freeride guy.

Hope to here from lots of people!!!!! :D

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
The nice thing about MTB is that it is so individualized, that even 60 year old scrubbers can go rail the trail. It seems that youth gravitate towards the DH, FR while us more aged lean towards the weight weeniedom and SS. It's a big inclusive umbrella.

I'm 34, do "aggressive" XC riding I guess and have been riding MTB since 92. BMX in the late 70's early 80's, back when Haro was a rider.

When I grow up, I hope to be a 60 year old scrubber railing trails.

Mr. P

·
SSlow rider
319 Posts
I'm 33 and I've just gotten back into riding about 2-3 weeks ago. I had a FS bike that I did mostly XC a few years back, but I got a hardtail this time around since I felt the other bike was overkill for me. I've been riding bikes since I could pedal a BMX around town back when I was a kid.

I'm back into cycling primarily because it's a fun way to get the family out together to share in fun rides on paths. Hitting the trails is a nice extra benefit for me.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ill be 20 in july, ive been riding since about 2000. I really started riding all the time about 2 years ago. I like all mountain riding, a little mix of everything. It's funny that Mr. P mentioned being older and being a weight weenie. 3 of us around the same age all ride together all the time, and we sound like weight weenies, always complaining about our 35-40 # bikes, talking about how cool it would be to ride a 20# bike up the hills around here.....We just can't afford to be weight weenies :)

This summer, hopefully, I'll get a dh bike, and a dj hardtail. I like all the different types of (26" wheel) 2 wheel riding.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
I'm 20 and started riding when I was 14, then quit when I got a car/played HS football. When I came to college almost 2 years ago now I picked it back up again.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
40, Started BMX racing in 1977, Road Racing in 1979, Norba in 1989. Ridden in Tx, Wa, Co, Mt, Ca, Or, Mn, La, Ok, Il, Wi, Ar, Nv either for races, or training but mostly for fun. It has never stopped being fun... I hope it never does.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm 16, I started riding last year when I joined my HS mountain bike team. Was a non-factor last racing season, over summer started road biking, now I'm 17 points out of the leaders jersey w/ one race to go. I'm definetly not a freeride/DH rider. hardcore leg-shaving XC for me! :D

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.