Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
many fork manuals recommend changing the oil every 50, 100, or even 200 hours of riding, but most benefit from an early oil change after the first 10-20 hours and they are broken in (many times the oil levels aren't exactly right from the factory either). Often they get a lot smoother and then should be fine for the standard intervals.

·
Spanish rider
311 Posts
I used to lube the stanchions using teflon lube and stuff like that , and it's USELESS.

If you put too much, dirt will stick to the lube and will make a thick gunk, so the fork will only work smoother the first 2 miles.

If you put just the exact quantity and wipe excess, the fork will work good less than two miles and the stanchions will be covered of dust again.

That's why I try to keep my stanchions clean, so the fork works quite good and if I want it smoother I just pump it a few times so the stanchions get cleaned an lubed by the oil inside the fork ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.