Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm curious - how often do you ride? I'm planning to ride about 4 days a week, my school is about 20-25 miles so I will go early..

I think I'd like to bike more... I'm curious what others might be doing.https://*****************.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/11/3/smile.gif
My primary purpose for biking is fitness - secondary is fun.

Thanks!

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Only three times last week, but I also ran once.

Planning four days this week, plus a run. One day has both a run and a ride.

Six days a week is tough for me. More that it's hard to find the time. I live too far from work to commute by bike. Too bad - I used to really like that part of my day.

My theoretical non-race week lately is rides on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and runs on Wednesday and Saturday. I find it's really hard for me to carve out more than about three hours mid-week, and hard to do more than an hour and a half, max, in a single workout, but I can do a few hours on each of Saturday and Sunday. Though three hours each may be too much for my body - I'm still tweaking the current schedule.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Heck yeah! I would love to "Bike to Work" but 65miles one way so..boooo

I try to ride everyday, little, medium or big. But I have a wife 3kids two dogs two cats and zero me time. Unless I am on my bike = now you see why I "try" to ride everyday ! LOL get AWAY
RIDE!

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
LOL, that's my commute at the moment too. Lame. Carpool means at least I can still pander to my Internet addiction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would love to be able to ride everyday, I am not in that type of shape yet so I honestly just try to ride as much as possible during the week if I can get out of work early I will normally go for a quick trail ride and if not I will still try to do a few miles on the road.

·
Registered
299 Posts
so far since i moved to WA its been almost every day (skipping some days in between for rest) its fun, about 6 miles 45min day and 2hrs on the weekends

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I would love to be able to ride everyday, I am not in that type of shape yet so I honestly just try to ride as much as possible during the week if I can get out of work early I will normally go for a quick trail ride and if not I will still try to do a few miles on the road.
Just do it.

Don't push yourself on every ride - learn to pace yourself.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I ride any day the weather will permit it, one advantage of having a road bike and MTB. If the trails are too wet then I hit the road.

·
Trailhead Poseur
506 Posts
Ideally I'd like to get on the bike daily, but in practice I average 3-4 rides per week. For me, finding the time is the limiting factor. When I can, I'll ride about an hour after work, and a longer ride on the weekend in the 1.5 to 2 hour range.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
I'm @ 3 x week on average - I don't have a commute since I work from home so if I can get out by 4pm (PST) then I'm off to my weekday trail.

If I don't ride for about 3 days straight then going up hill I feel the muscle burn big time! and feel kind of stiff, after a few though it seems to go away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts