Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my garage during my typical ritual after a week of riding. I first wash my FS, HT, and Road bike with Simple Green and no high pressure water (this week I road the heck out of all 3 bikes). I dry all the bikes, then clean the drive train (chain, derailleurs, cogs, and crankset). Finally, I lube the drivetrain, shocks, and cables. I only do this during heavy ride weeks and depending which bike I ride the most, as well as terrain conditions. I also will clean and lube the drivetrain separately after 30 miles total riding. Alot times on my road bike I am cleaning (the chain only) and lubing after every ride. What schedule do you guys keep for cleaning and lubing? I was wondering if I am cleaning and lubing too much. The great thing is that I have not suffered chainsuck or any other drivetrain problems with this schedule in over a year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I clean and lube my chain after every ride, but I always ride in either mud, dirt or sand, usually mud or wet sand, so I can't afford not to. I do not use water, I use a wet lube that cleans and lubes. I haven't had any problems with this schedule either except one of my bikes (the hybrid) is starting to show signs of rust, but I think that's from the wet conditions it's been rode in not the cleaning. It's about to go to the shop for some professional help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.