Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a story on the news Thursday about this giant friggin snake carcass floating in some pond near a Tampa Bay nature trail.

The only bicyclist they could find to talk to was this nice young lady:

Here's the story.
https://tinyurl.com/y5yo9g

Now, I've tried my helmet on backwards, but only when I was screwing around, and it's not very comfortable. Why would anyone try to wear it like this? And why doesn't someone correct this for the poor woman before she kills herself? :madman:

Oh lord. :p

·
Live fast. die younG.
210 Posts
it's just hard to look at that poor woman without laughing out loud. It's gotta suck to spend your 15 seconds of fame looking like a dumbarse

·
I railed it like Kong
637 Posts
Someone should look up Susan's number and call her. That's funny.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
How is that even remotely comfortable? Even out of the box, helmets come with the straps sorta close to set-up correctly. How do you sit there and re-strap the helmet that way, trying it on, re-strapping, etc, then finish with that result, look in the mirror and think "Yeah, THAT'S the ticket!"

Sheesh, some people's kids!

Cheers, Chris

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,726 Posts
loadedcarp said:
There was a story on the news Thursday about this giant friggin snake carcass floating in some pond near a Tampa Bay nature trail.

The only bicyclist they could find to talk to was this nice young lady:

Hey,,,I know her! Thats Cindy Howell's sister! Are those Ryder sunglasses she's wearing? :cool: Speaking of Cindy,,, how's the 'ol bit,, scratch that,,, babe doing? She get her money yet? :rolleyes:

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if she was riding sans helmet, with just her cute little hat on, and someone asked her if she wanted to be on TV. She says yes, and someone hands her a helmet so she doesn't look like a complete doofus.

Kinda backfired if that's the case. ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
The video is running on CNN.com. It's the video about the dead python in a park near Tampa. I saw it yesterday and wondered how long it would take to end up on passion.

·
desert dweller
1,644 Posts
keeb said:
it's just hard to look at that poor woman without laughing out loud. It's gotta suck to spend your 15 seconds of fame looking like a dumbarse
You're a much better person than I am. I saw that video yesterday and immediately started to laugh out loud. :D Imagine, your 15 seconds of national fame and you look like a dope. At least I only look like a dope around my family and my riding buddies. I guess that is why she is wearing the ball cap underneath -- we all know those pesky bike helmets aren't at all comfortable.

mbb

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
This is proof of natures process of natural selection! The gene pool is a bit shallow in this poor woman!

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,157 Posts
"Giro Roc Loc?.... yep its a workin'. Keeps this fool thing from slippin' off da back me head."

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love it when you point out someone's got a helmet on backwards and they argue with you about it... "No, it's right, you can tell by the aerodynamics. Duh."

·
Don't be a sheep
3,425 Posts
I see this at least a couple times a year. A while back at the Interbike Dirt Demo, I was kicking back under a tree right across from a recumbant manufacturers tent. Me and a bunch of other people taking a break couldn't control our laughter after watching a guy put his helmet on backwards and go for a spin on one of those contraptions.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Someone started with wearing a hat backwards. Then Criss Cross wore their pants backwards, and now someone wears their helmet backwards. WILL IT EVER END???

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
God you guys are all a bunch of square-asses! Don't you know the cool people wear helmets backwards? Like ball caps, you need to make a statement about your total apathy for the "right" way to wear them in order to be cool.

My prediction for next year, the cutting edge of cool will be to wear your bike helmet at a jaunty angle, with the visor bent upward.

Kn.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
hat under helmet in Florida

I don't know how people ride with hats under their helmets when it's above freezing. Makes me sweat just thinking about it.

And how she managed to get that helmet on like that puzzles the heck out of me. Did she put it on the right way and decide "that was too easy, it must go the other way"?

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,105 Posts
EscourtU said:
. Then Criss Cross wore their pants backwards. WILL IT EVER END???
extra points for the obsure rap/hip hop reference.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts