Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just wondering how much you guyes would pay for this fork. It is a 2005 Boxxer WC with lots of upgrades. It has a integrated crown and stem that is worth over $250. All the internals are ti/metal compared to the stock plastic ones. And it is custom tuned to feel way better then any normal boxxer. and it is really light. its lighter then the fox 40. So tell me what you think? It was only used for a 1/4-1/2 a season. It is in good condition. So how much would you pay for it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some pics would help, the 2005 wc's were nice forks, but with motion control on the market now I would rather opt to get a new fork 06' for the same price. For the fork you listed I would personally pay about $750 +/- $100. Not much more than that, the 06 wc will go down in price by string, I would just wait until then.

my $0.02

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
ti parts are nice...but I would have to see it in person if I was going to buy it

PLus I live by the motto

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS RIDE BOXXERS

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I dunno...the market is tough for forks right now...all the 05's are going for rediculously low prices since they're all on closeout...plus their brand new as well.

I'd pay 600-700 for your Boxxer. I haven't seen a picture, but its used, its a 05. If it was anything more than 700 I would opt for a 2005 888RC brand new, but thats just me.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Drawback with age is it depricates as time goes by. Up grades are considered a personal modification & do not increase the value. Sounds foolish but it is reality.Team issue proto type stuff will hold a we bit more value because a named rider used the product. Then when its time to rebuild/repair you will find out if you can get parts, if you cant get parts you cant send it in for repairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.