Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how much weight would dropping from 48 spoke to 36 spokes save?

I've got 24", 48 spoke Funn wheels on the bike now, but I found a pair of 24" Halo SAS 36 spoke wheels for cheap, and I was thinking of getting those wheels, and selling the front Funn and keeping the rear for when I run a 26/24 setup for the rough stuff.

I also saw a set that looked good, front: Hope BigUn hub laced to RhynoLite rims, and a woodman SS hub laced to atomlab trailpimp rims, both 36 spoke.

Basically I was wondering if dropping to 36 spoke would make much of a differnece in weight.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I don't know... Halo SAS's are effin' beef! no lightweights there that's for sure, I had a set of the 36h 26'er SAS's... even the much smaller Halo tornadoes make Azonic Outlaws look like an xc wheelset...

but I have no clue how much your Funn wheels weigh (gotta be up there)... Atomlab trailpimps are def. no lightweights either though...
rhynolites will be quite a bit lighter, but if you're used to the bombproof Funns, they won't be as solid, maybe fine for you as a front wheel though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.