Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trek 3700 hardtail that I want to replace the fork on. It came witha 63mm rst fork that can handle rough streets but that is about it. I've been looking at the bike geometries on trek's website and I've been trying to figure out how much travel my new fork can have. my geometry only comes with a max of an 80mm fork through trek, but the next one up only changes the head angle by half a degree and barely at all on the offset...point is, how do I know how much travel I can have. I'm thinking about getting a u-turn fork so that if I get a full suspension frame later on this summer I can just dial up the travel. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
You can have as much travel as you want, however the manufacturer says 80mm max... that means more than that and your warranty goes out the window, because the stress the headtube would get is beyond what it was designed for.... besides the handling would change quite a bit... you may like it, but you may not...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.