Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying an '04 Gary Fisher Tassajara from a friend, who paid $650 about a year ago. What is a fair offer to make him? The bike is in good condition, stock.

He is also selling me an '04 ladies GT Timberline. Any ideas?

Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Search Ebay for current market price

hotrodtommy said:
I am buying an '04 Gary Fisher Tassajara from a friend, who paid $650 about a year ago. What is a fair offer to make him? The bike is in good condition, stock.

Thanks for you help!
I found at least 7 Tassajara up for sale now on Ebay. I would "watch the item" in your account and see what price range it will be sold for.

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
hotrodtommy said:

Thanks for you help!
I have a totally different philosophy when it comes to buying things from friends compared to buying from strangers. Getting a feel for the market value is good but there is also value in knowing the history of the bike, being able to see it in person and, heck, he's your friend! In these situations I just like to come to an agreement that we're both comfortable with regardless of "market value". If it was in good shape, I wouldn't mind paying up to $150 or so less than what I could find a new one for. I also wouldn't allow them to accept an absurdly low amount either. Only you can decide what's reasonable for yourself though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts