Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the choices now out for 29ers, I'd like to know how much rubber you rolling. Your weight, tire pressure, etc.....As for myself I am rolling Panaracer Rampages at 32psi front and 35psi rear. I weigh about 275 and haven't had a problem yet.:D

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
No Way

well I say no way, but their isnt a chance in hell that I could run that little air pressure with out a pinch.

disclamer: I ride rockey, root infested trails and weigh 220 w/out gear. Rampage rear 40+psi and Exi front 33psi

tell us about you trails and are ya 275 with or without gear. Also what are ya using to messure your psi ( pump or digi gauge)

I am so ready to convert to tubeless.

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
Yea me too.

I tend to run pressures that are over 40psi both front and rear. Any lower and I will pinch flat at some point.

For comparison purposes I am running an Exi up front and a Nano in the back. I wiegh 225 these days and am riding a rigid bike on trails that have their share of rocks to bang into and ride over.

~R

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
EDDIE JONES said:
With all the choices now out for 29ers, I'd like to know how much rubber you rolling. Your weight, tire pressure, etc.....As for myself I am rolling Panaracer Rampages at 32psi front and 35psi rear. I weigh about 275 and haven't had a problem yet.:D
G'day and welcome to the forum..

I run Neve's and Rampa's @ 20 or 25 psi depending on the trail. I usually never go above 25 psi unless I have a long road ride to the trailhead.

165 lb ready to ride.

One pinchflat so far. Lightweight Kenda tubes front and rear.

R.

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
160 lb. Mostly Resolution or Rampage front, 20-22 psi. Mostly Rampage or Klaw rear, 22-25 psi. Can't remember the last time I pinch flatted on the trail.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rampages tubeless on TK 7.1s, 24f/26r never a flat so far in several months of riding in CA, NC, and FL.

I'm 170 naked, although I normally put on at least socks before I ride...RC

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
I'm running Weirwolfs in front, and a Kharma on one, Ignitor on the other in back. Just got a set of Rampages (on the way, not in yet) for the front of both though, those 'wolfs are about the scariest Northeast muck tire, I've ever ridden. I run them all at about 30, and since I've pulled myself kicking and screaming into the modernity of tubeless, nary a pinch flat in sight, 5 years running=:) I weigh about 175, and I'm not saying how clad I am when I ride :p

·
I just passed you
181 Posts
I ride Bontrager XR's with a 2.25 front and 1.8 rear at 28 psi. That's the magic setup for me at 165.

Anyone riding those Michelins? I'd like to know that setup...

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
EDDIE JONES said:
I'd like to know how much rubber you rolling.
Enough to reach the ground and stay there. :crazy:

Front Nevegal @ 25psi.
Rear Rampage @ 30psi.

Lotsa rocks, a few oak roots in central coastal CA.
6'3" 225lbs. riding weight; I'd be behind bars if I went out without full regalia. :eekster:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Rampage front and rear at 35 psi.

I'm 265 without gear and no pinch flats yet. Ride central FL with a lot of rooty rough trails and short steeps with roots and rocks. So far so good. Also, bike is rigid.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
6-2...6-5 with the afro. 185 lbs.

Supercal29 and XCal29. Wisconsin terrain.

Bontrager XR. 2.25's front and rear on Mustang rims with Stans.

30-32 F / 32-35 R

Greg

·
Registered
111 Posts
~190 RTR, and PSI depends on trail. Usually 26-30F and the rear is ~2psi higher. Oh, Resolutions only now, but ran the Exi's at the same pressure. I vary between tubes from Slimelight 26" to Kenda ultralights to WTB 29ers. I'm not an exact scientist of tire / tubes, as you can tell, but I don't tend to pinch flat all that much (ok, I'll jinx myself and say I dont' remember the last.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have Exiwolves on the single speed at just under 30 psi. Switched to these from Bontranger Jones AC. Jones were good, but the side walls were too thin for the terrain out here (Tucson). Lots of sharp rocks. Exi's are great!!!, but sort of heavy.

I also just got a set of Maxxis Ignitors, which I am pleasantly surprised with. Similar to the Jones with a thicker side wall. Put these on the Dos which I'll be riding in the 24 hr Race in Feb. Probably switch them back to Exi's after the race.

Running self-sealing tubes on both, which adds weight, but is worth not having to change tubes every time I ride (lots of cactus in AZ). And no, I don't want tubeless.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
I usually UNROLL them...

...but with regards to tires, this is what I run with tubes:
  • SS - Rampage front at 29-30 PSI; Ignitor rear at 34-35 PSI
  • FS (RIP9) - Rampage front at 27-28 PSI, less a couple for tech downhills; Ramage rear at 32-34 PSI
I'm 190 without gear and ride AZ trails with lots of sharp rocks and baby heads. When I first started the 29'er thing on my SS, I was pinch flatting all the time. I am now running slimed Bonty removable core tubes and have been good for a while now.

·
hispanic mechanic
2,701 Posts
"Do you have any extra large condoms?"

"Come on, Seth, you've got a tiny pen!s!"

Down here in the South Central (Texas, that is,) where we have sharp rocks, not-so-sharp rocks, somewhat sharp rocks, and a few plain-ol' rocks, I'm rockin' a Rampage front, between 18-21 psi, and an Ignitor rear, 24-26 psi. Oh, I use Stan's, but even when I ran tubes, I didn't pinch flat much.
Weight? Isn't that impolite to ask? Well, alright- 185ish, wearing one sock. No suspension, not-so-coasty bike.
That helpful at all?

Los

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.