Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blind biker
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what amount of light should I get. Its going to be used on side streets and some trails. I have partial night blindness too.

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Here's a recent thread asking just that question. There are many answers :)

I think this is the best bang for the buck right now, unless you want to go the homebuilt route.

JZ

·
Blind biker
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking at something for under 200. my dad was mad enough that I paid 800 for the bike and I dont have that much for a while it looks light and is very bright I also love that It runs for 2.6hours on max with a 4 hour charge all the light Im looking at are 1.5hours and 13hours to charge.

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
If you're on a minimal budget (like me) you might want to look at some of the flashlight threads here, like the MTE P7 or the Trustfire TR-801. You can get a lot of light for under $100. Shipping can take forever from China though. I think Dinotte still has their 400 lumen light on sale for about $200....a well-made, compact little light. Or go the homebuilt route, and do a couple of the "DIY Dinotte" lights...there's a long thread here detailing how to build them.

Or check this out: Home Depot 2 of those gets you 400 lumens for $50. A little heavy with 2 x D cells in each, but on the other hand the runtime will be long! Not rechargeable though, unless you invest in some batteries.

JZ

·
Blind biker
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the light of the one bike light. I might get it when I do get the cash. its light and bright and not having to carry a spare set of batteries is nice. also its small since my handlebars already have a gps one side already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts