Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the largest angle you have seen being ridden and ridden safely. im just wondering for freeriding or downhilling. i dont want and cracked or broken headtubes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Normally freeride bikes have between 66-68 degree HA while DH bikes have 64-67 degree HA. Todays crop of FR & DH bikes have front triangles that are strong enough to accept 170 to 200mm forks. I believe that some if not most could even accept the now discontinued extreme 300mm forks such as the Risse Bigfoot & Marzocchi Super Monster; but of course we're talkin about chopper slack 60-62 degree HA that would only be applicable for extreme Benderesque riding.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
nickgto said:
I believe that some if not most could even accept the now discontinued extreme 300mm forks such as the Risse Bigfoot & Marzocchi Super Monster; but of course we're talkin about chopper slack 60-62 degree HA that would only be applicable for extreme Benderesque riding.
You can still get the Bigfoot: http://www.risseracing.com/forks.shtml#bigfoot Everybody needs one of those. :lol:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
nickgto said:
Normally freeride bikes have between 66-68 degree HA while DH bikes have 64-67 degree HA. Todays crop of FR & DH bikes have front triangles that are strong enough to accept 170 to 200mm forks. I believe that some if not most could even accept the now discontinued extreme 300mm forks such as the Risse Bigfoot & Marzocchi Super Monster; but of course we're talkin about chopper slack 60-62 degree HA that would only be applicable for extreme Benderesque riding.
What the heck? Take your well informed posts elswhere.
This board doesn't take too kindly to well thought out information.;)

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
boogenman said:
why is this question being asked?
Cause big hucks, big travel, and big tires are where it's at. :rockon: The apocalypse is back. Bender's healed up. Next year we're all gonna rock 3.0" tires again. Do you live in a cave? Girl jeans, glitter, and hat stickers look totally rad gnar off the sicktor scale when hucking.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.