Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Fox 36 RC2 Vanilla, and would like to get a new stanchion, as well as a new axel. How much would this cost to have it done by Fox or someone?
Thanks all.

G

·
Upper assemblies aren't cheap, you have to buy the crown, steerer tube and both stachions, they come as one piece. I think its something like 250, and if you want fox to do the labor its an additional cost. New axles however are like 25 bucks.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I know that the crown/ steerer/ stanchion assembly for a 32 Talas runs $160. Post up if you get definate #s for both the stanchion assembly and the axle. I'm curious.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never called Fox. I am just going to buff out the dings as best as possible, and put in some enduro seals.
M.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I've repaired stanchions with JB Weld before. I've had a couple gouges that I smoothed the edges to, filled it with JB Weld and sanded smooth. I've also seen it done with super glue and nail polish. If the gouge still has an edge to it, it will tear up the seals, Enduro or not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just did two small nicks in my 40 last night with JB weld. Seemed to work really well. Try that before you spend the $$. $5 JB weld and $4 for 1500-2000 grit sandpaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts