Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
cribe said:
I ride DH/FR and I use a 1.5" rise 685mm wide ea70 monkeybar. The width and rise is just perfect. 700 is too wide for me.
i ride the same thing for the same reason.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
I'm currently running a 1.5" rise 710mm wide Azonic DW... I'm putting on those gravity lite's in a week or so so it'll be interesting to see how much difference 30mm makes (I just want to X-up anyway!)... There are a lot of other variables in the height, headset stack height, stem rise, integrated vs. clamping, etc....

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Ahh, but what about rotation? I rotate my bars back (eg - Aznics have the markings - the 0 is rotated behind up/center by a few deg/mm's)

I *HATE* upsweep on my bars and it makes the bike feel soooo sketchy!!

otherwise I run Azonic DW's (710mm/~28") and Easton EA70's (685mm/~27") uncut. 2" rise - & I'm 6'8"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys.

I notice sum of you are running very narrow widths. WCH at 24.5", and SMT at 25". Those widths seem more like XC widths.

Are the two of you, er, not real tall? Just curious, that's all.

·
Pro Crastinator
12,018 Posts
i am pretty short. but my bars are that wide because i can't cut them anymore or the shifter/brake perches wil not have enough room to slide in anymore....

my main reason for narrow bars i that they just feel better to me and all my cockpits on all my bikes are the same dimentions so the transition from my BMX to my XC to my DH to my DJ bike is completeley seamless...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.