Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Diamondback V-6 that I have not ridden in years and I am thinking about selling it. I have been watching Ebay for awhile but have not seen a similar bike. Looking for some imput from the Diamondback experts here as to what a fair price would be for the bike. Also any thoughts on whether I should sell just the frame and part out the rest??

1998 V-6 super low miles. Size small
2001 Sid SL front fork
Cane Creek Cloud 9 rear shock installed - plus stock Stratos Helix Expert available
Race Face Turbine LP cranks w/ RF Ti bottom bracket 8 spd
Sram 9.0sl rear derailleur 8 spd
Xt front derailleur
Sram 9.0sl Halfpipe shifters 8 spd
Sram 9.0 CF brake levers
Avid 2.0 brakes
Titec stem and seatpost
Bontager Crowbar Alum riser bars
WTB Speedmaster rims w/ WTB front and LX rear hub
LX or might be XT cassette
SGD saddle

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I bought an all-stock V6 in good shape, but very dirty, about one year ago for $200. These aren't collectible/vintage bikes, so your part swaps (esp. the fork and cranks - not so sure about halfpipe shifters) should make it worth more to most buyers instead of detracting from the value.

That being said, you will almost always make more parting out a bike with good parts, as long as you are offering them to a national audience (Ebay). The downside, however, is that it takes much more time in setting up ads and especially in packaging/shipping. So...it's just a question of how much more you can make, and I can't predict that.

Either way, I recommend checking for cracks at the pivot points, regardless of mileage on the bike. See my site below for more info. If the frame has cracks, you should definitely part it out and also sell the 'good' part of the frame.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V-6

cegrover,

Thanks for the reply. I figured parting it out would bring more money, but you are right about the time/effort ratio to return.

By the way as far as I can tell, and I did a thorough inspection, the pivot points and frame are perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.