Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you fill the reservoir on an Xt lever?

I took the cap off and it was only about 1/4 to 3/8 full. I thought with my levers angled down it would allow air in the lines.

I did get alot of air out of one side just by squeezing the lever. It feels alot better now.

Can you over fill ?
 

·
Uber V Cripp
Joined
·
222 Posts
spacoli said:
How much do you fill the reservoir on an Xt lever?

I took the cap off and it was only about 1/4 to 3/8 full. I thought with my levers angled down it would allow air in the lines.

I did get alot of air out of one side just by squeezing the lever. It feels alot better now.

Can you over fill ?
Why did you take the cap off? Were they not working properly?

jd
 

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front brake felt spongy

jdcamb said:
Why did you take the cap off? Were they not working properly?

jd
The front brake felt spongy at first then it firmed up after using it. The front is the one that all the air came out of. Feels better than the rear now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
The brakes are self-adjusting, so the exact amount of fluid in the resevoir doesn't matter too much. To top it up, just change the angle of your levers so that the resevoir is horizontal. Fill it to the brim with fluid, and put the cap on. Some fluid will flow over, and it can act as a paint stripper, so make sure you wipe it up and clean the area afterwards.

spacoli said:
How much do you fill the reservoir on an Xt lever?

I took the cap off and it was only about 1/4 to 3/8 full. I thought with my levers angled down it would allow air in the lines.

I did get alot of air out of one side just by squeezing the lever. It feels alot better now.

Can you over fill ?
 

·
Uber V Cripp
Joined
·
222 Posts
FredNZ said:
The brakes are self-adjusting, so the exact amount of fluid in the resevoir doesn't matter too much. To top it up, just change the angle of your levers so that the resevoir is horizontal. Fill it to the brim with fluid, and put the cap on. Some fluid will flow over, and it can act as a paint stripper, so make sure you wipe it up and clean the area afterwards.
What he said
:D

jd
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top