Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How much does your full-susp. race rig weigh?

• Sub 20 pounds

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 20-21 pounds

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 21-22 pounds

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 22-23 pounds

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • 23-24 pounds

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • 24-25 pounds

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 25-26 pounds

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • 26-27 pounds

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 27-28 pounds

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • More than 28 pounds

Votes: 20 17.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
Turner 5-Spot med build

Obviously if I could get mine down to 19 lbs and keep everything else the same, THAT would be ideal. But there is no way I can. Reasonably, I could drop from my current 29 lb to 27.5 with just tires and a new seapost (crimped my thomson so running a Gravity Dropper :eek: ).

But I am not in the elite of my class and I doubt that a change so slight would make any difference in my placing. After all, it is the engine that matters most.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Should add a second polL to this: what is *your* race weight?

Got my bike down to 27.4 lbs (new wheels, tires, cassette), anything else I change is going to get $$$$ just to drop some dead weight.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The scale says 27.2 pounds, but I have some bombproof (read: cast iron) wheels on there right now. Further weight loss at this point will involve engine modifications. Once that is accomplished, I can go with some lighter wheels and components on the Flux.

Race weight is down to 215 (from 235), but I'm aiming to get all the way down to 185 in 6 months or so.

·
Registered
858 Posts
23.4lbs at the moment - but it will get lighter if I eventually get back in to racing...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I put down 24-25lbs, embelishing a little. It was normally right at 25lbs, giver or take a couple of ounces depending on tubes/no tubes or tires currently mounted. Oh, yeah, SC Blur (large), and say it past tense because I am currently frameless, waiting for a new blur XC frame. Although I don't yet race, I plan to and this will be my race bike.

I am currently 195lbs naked, and hope to get down ot 180 by fall, but it's not looking good.

BM

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
I'm at a hair under 32 lbs with my junk and fix-it kit attached. If I stripped the bike down solely for racing (i.e. as nude as it came from the store the first time) it's 27.5 lbs stock and I could get it lower with some simple parts swaps.

Then again, I'm in the Clyde class so a heavier bike is a lot smaller compared to my size: Right now, I'm more concerned with shaving some pounds off me than ounces off the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.