Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
luckiest of the unlucky
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was updating my drivetrain today it occurred to me that I have never weighed my bike- so I did. The result wasn't particularly pretty.
My '05 Paragon weighs in at around ~28.5 lbs.

What about your bike?

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Madre:
Niner One 9 = 21.97lbs
Lenz Leviathan = 25.90lbs

Padre:
Vulture SS = 29lbs rigid, 30.5 w/ squish
Lenz Leviathan = 28.5lbs
Lenz Behemoth = 32lbs
Allegedly, a complete XL Niner S.I.R. 9 w/ Reba weighs 28lbs. (with "regular" wheels, not Am Classics)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
One (rigid SS) is 8.5kg and dropping. Will gain some gears and lose more weight.
Another (rigid SS) is around 13kg now I'd say.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Large Paragon 26.6lbs

I just weighted my Large Paragon. I have changed some of the components on the bike but right now it weighs 26.6lbs. It is all XT right now with a Thompson stem and Easton Carbon riser bar.

Next will be a Thompson Post and a lighter saddle. After that probably lighter wheelset. I think I can easily drop the weight to around 25lbs

·
Registered
52 Posts
my medium 292 clocks in @ 27.5 #'s

with
a reba race
tubeless ignitors
monkey lite bar
avid mechs
Thought abt going weight weeny wild at first, as it felt heavy but the next thing I'll do is prolly just get a 20 little ring. Overall, this was me first full season on a 29er and I had a blast on it- when the the trails tacked up this fall I was cleaning some amazing shite that my freako-animal riding pal couldn't on his feather weight Lightspeed 26er. Was riding 2 days ago but we just got new snow last night that will be the death knell for riding this season at least locally. Gotta love the dual sport ski/bike thing when its happening tho........I feel blown away at my good fortune to live in such a place.
Happy riding to all ye in milder climes!

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
JoelM said:
My '05 Paragon weighs in at around ~28.5 lbs.
It would be helpful to know the size.

Thudbusted w/Marathon B-29 (21" ST/25" TT) at 27.5 pounds and a 22" ST / 25" TT RX w/ BW.8 at 28.5 pounds. Both fully geared.

Sorta looks like secret code.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
My bikes

Let's see, my XL Niner, with BW 0.8, Am Classic Wheels, White Eno cranks, Jones bar, etc. weighs in at 21.5 lbs.

I had my L Karate Monkey at 24.1 lbs with the rigid fork and set up with 1x8 drivetrain.

My XL Lenz Lev is around 25-26 lbs, but I'm not sure of the exact weight in it's current setup.

·
Registered
266 Posts
new strong looks to be . . . . . . .

nineteen point seven-five. freshly built, ready to ride, cages and the whole schmear.

SS, rigid fork, midge bar with top-mounts.

preliminary backyard testing is . . . .. uhh . . . . . . . .in the " holy-sh!t " category of impressions thus far. rolls like a mofo, flies out from underneath me goin' uphill, floats like a butterfly over the frozen wisconsin tundra. hot damn.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
21" El Cap

weighs 31# with Exis and clyde approved bits. With Ignitors and lighter, but not lightweight, wheels could easily be upper 20s but I'm not concerned about its weight.

·
Just Ride!
1,288 Posts
My large Supercal 29 with KM fork, ss, and XTR rimbrakes weighed in at 20lbs. I decided I could not go another winter without disc and am suffering with an extra 5lbs. I have been really disappointed to see that the XT hubs and Avid mechanicals weighed so much!

·
All bow down to pigeontoe
90 Posts
Paragon @ 26.4 lbs.

My 19" 2006 Paragon weighs 26.4 lbs. All stock parts. Just by using Stans I can shave nearly a pound. I'm going to ride it with this set up this winter and then upgrade this spring.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.