Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think I could get for this bike? It's a 2007 Kona Coiler, all stock, been to the bike park twice but has had a lot of ride time, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike, other than a few cosmetic scratches. The reason that I MAY sell it is because i need some money for a car. It would really stink to sell it but I do need the money.
Pictures VVVV

P.S-- I posted it in this this section because I thought you guys would be the most knowledgeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Unfortunately the used sellers market sucks,ball park around 500.00 on a good day.I recently sold my late model Intense 5.5 with high end parts for1500.00,less then half of what I had in it,you might be better off keeping it.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
My buddy just bought a RM Slayer for $500 with a Super T.

Id say your Coilair is worth $600-$800 because it looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'm really torn between whether to keep it or sell it, $500-$800 would be fine, but it's so damn fun to ride. lol

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
You know, it's hard to say. My buddy just sold his 1999 Specialized for freaking 450 bones!! If there is someone out there willing to pay for it, you might just be surprised. Post it for 800 and see what happens.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
I'd say $500 if you're itching to sell it like.... TODAY. If you sell the fork and shock, and buy new (used ones)... say a DHX Coil/Air and a cheap Marz 55, 66, or RS Lyric, you might be able to fetch $1,000, but that's stretching it.

Not a lot of market for entry-level spec'd Konas.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
I'd say $500 if you're itching to sell it like.... TODAY. If you sell the fork and shock, and buy new (used ones)... say a DHX Coil/Air and a cheap Marz 55, 66, or RS Lyric, you might be able to fetch $1,000, but that's stretching it.

Not a lot of market for entry-level spec'd Konas.
I like your idea, and if I had the money to do that I probably would. I also live in northern NJ so I could get that at Diablo; may try that out.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,996 Posts
keep it...a few weekends washing cars and you have the same cash easy

·
Registered
769 Posts
rep_1969 said:
You know, it's hard to say. My buddy just sold his 1999 Specialized for freaking 450 bones!! If there is someone out there willing to pay for it, you might just be surprised. Post it for 800 and see what happens.
totally agree! i just had a friend that sold a POS 02 stinky with a shiver for 1200! it didn't really have that nice of stuff on it. Some people just can't get anything sold, but some people just get lucky i guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts