Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 tazer frame with a m1 rear end, 04 boxxer wc, deemaxes, profile cranks, monkey lite dh bars, thompson seatpost and a road seat, shimano dura-ace road derailer, minkey lite dh bars, shimano xt brakes, azonic shorty delux stem.

 

·
fungus amongus
Joined
·
395 Posts
not to mention the profile cranks. i'd say 17 or 18
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Are you looking to buy it? If so, I wouldn't even buy it because of the mismatched frame parts. Not to mention the Tazer front end was never designed to be used for full on downhill riding and has different stress points and design characteristics than an actual M1 has.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,006 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Are you looking to buy it? If so, I wouldn't even buy it because of the mismatched frame parts. Not to mention the Tazer front end was never designed to be used for full on downhill riding and has different stress points and design characteristics than an actual M1 has.
yep someone else was looking at that same bike a month ago, so no one is buying it...does that give you a clue not to buy it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
if you are looking to buy it, i would stay away...

that frame zombie/frankenstein thing is sorta weird, i can't imagine that a tazer would hold up the same as an actual m1 front end. also, most of the components on there are nice, except the wheels, those are like the worst deemaxes ever IMO, they are heavier than teh new ones and they aren't as strong.

i would not buy that bike...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Fork...

It might be the picture, but...
Are you sure that the fork is a WC? The lowers aren't the right color for the 2004 WC , so it could be a different Boxxer. I guess they could have swapped lowers with a different fork though...

Up to you, but I wouldn't go for that bike unless it was like $1K or less.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
matt said:
It might be the picture, but...
Are you sure that the fork is a WC? The lowers aren't the right color for the 2004 WC , so it could be a different Boxxer. I guess they could have swapped lowers with a different fork though...

Up to you, but I wouldn't go for that bike unless it was like $1K or less.
I think most of it is the quality of the picture. It looks like a WC to me. It seems that WC forks didn't only have the real light silver lowers (similar color to Race) but also had sort of a brownish color as well. Not really brown alone but sort of a bronze/brown or something...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
I think most of it is the quality of the picture. It looks like a WC to me. It seems that WC forks didn't only have the real light silver lowers (similar color to Race) but also had sort of a brownish color as well. Not really brown alone but sort of a bronze/brown or something...
I don't know about the multiple color thing, but I know my '04 WC looks nothing like that...
 

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
matt said:
I don't know about the multiple color thing, but I know my '04 WC looks nothing like that...
Here.


EDIT: Upon further review it's the 03 WC model. It seems we were both right at the same time. :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
good eye tony...
anyway, shook, i now would want to buy that bike even less since it's not even an 04 WC :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
sorry to go OT, but how much would you guys honestly pay for this bike? Frame is steel, fork is manitou minute, pedals are new kona stinky, seat is new MTB, brakes are bb7, 8 inch rotors. Frame is 2 years old.

It is my bike...kinda a project while I didn't have a lot of cash (paid 400 for the stock bike) but been upgrading some parts. Now that I have more money, looking to perhaps sell this and get a much more expensive bike. HONESTLY, how much would you be willing to pay if it ran good, and you were looking for a bike?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Depending on its condition, I'd go between 800-1300$. You should definitly test it out and see how stable it is, as the geometries have been altered. If you can, see how it lands small jumps as well.

shook_dh said:
04 tazer frame with a m1 rear end, 04 boxxer wc, deemaxes, profile cranks, monkey lite dh bars, thompson seatpost and a road seat, shimano dura-ace road derailer, minkey lite dh bars, shimano xt brakes, azonic shorty delux stem.

 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
eanzenberg said:
sorry to go OT, but how much would you guys honestly pay for this bike? Frame is steel, fork is manitou minute, pedals are new kona stinky, seat is new MTB, brakes are bb7, 8 inch rotors. Frame is 2 years old.

It is my bike...kinda a project while I didn't have a lot of cash (paid 400 for the stock bike) but been upgrading some parts. Now that I have more money, looking to perhaps sell this and get a much more expensive bike. HONESTLY, how much would you be willing to pay if it ran good, and you were looking for a bike?
I'd start your own thread for it, honestly I'm not sure. I don't think too many people on here are familiar with any of the actual Mongoose bikes (ones that aren't sold in Walmarts :p ). I'd say you could probably get at least $500 but I don't know as far as what actual ballpark it falls into pricewise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is durability that much of an issue? im 100 pounds and the owner of the bike is a small 130 lb guy who raced dh on it. he is the owner of my lbs and everyone that knows the guy says he knows what he is dong and i could trust him... i also test road it a couple of times, amazingly easy to pull up, easely brings the front end up into a manual, overall i love the way the bike handles and it fits me perfectly. so i guess the only thing left is durabilly...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
shook_dh said:
is durability that much of an issue? im 100 pounds and the owner of the bike is a small 130 lb guy who raced dh on it. he is the owner of my lbs and everyone that knows the guy says he knows what he is dong and i could trust him... i also test road it a couple of times, amazingly easy to pull up, easely brings the front end up into a manual, overall i love the way the bike handles and it fits me perfectly. so i guess the only thing left is durabilly...
More than likely it's fine, but to me it just doesn't seem like it's worth the risk since the Tazer just wasn't designed to be put through that type of riding and I mean you never know if you might break it and with this situation I think you'd definitely be out of luck as far as the service you should expect from Intense. If your budget is about 1000-1500 then definitely look around on the classifieds here, on Ridemonkey and on Pinkbike. There's a lot of DH bikes that'll easily go for about that price with suitable components.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top