Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always interesting to know what the people you're chatting with are doing on the bike. I'm pretty religious about tracking rides on my Edge 305. 2008 was my first FULL year of riding frequently and moving to Ventana really helped accelerate my fitness and skill level (Thanks Sherwood!)

2008 Ride Results:
119 ride entries
250,000 feet of climbing
1,435 miles

Most of this was done on the El Ciclon and some very infrequent road biking. I generally rode 3 days a week in 2008.

In 2009 I hope to ride about the same amount but get outside of my area more often (being a family man and SB owner it's hard to leave for a few days). Would like to hit South Mountain, Sedona, some Sierra spots and get up to the Moab area.

What did the other peeps out there log? How much and where do you hope to ride in 2009?

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Well, I don't keep close track of rides or miles, etc., but I guess it would go something like this:

52 weeks in the year.
On average I try to ride both days on the weekend, but not always (weather, travel, not feeling the "vibe")
2 1/2 week trip to N. Cal (biking trip)
1 1/2 week trip to Sedona, AZ (biking trip)
Occasional day off work, or 3-day weekend holiday

I'm going to have to guess:

75+ Mountain Bike Rides
30+ Road Bike Rides
100 Trainer Rides (indoor)

That sucks! I gotta quit my job and go ride. WTF am I thinking! ;)

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Yeah I keep a log, mostly for motivation on those cold winter days I don't want to commute to work.

Total Days: 161
Total Miles 2,202.08 miles (My most ever)
21 Times on my Salty,
18 on my Toro
17 on my Marble (This surprised me)
10 times on my Bruja (She was a bit neglected this past year, I'll have to fix that)
47 Times on my Martillo (750+ miles) - Wow, who knew I was a closet Roadie!
48 Times on the Commuter, almost at least once a week.

Huh, the most used was my commuter, and most miles was the Roadie and yet, I call myself a mountain biker, go Figure! :) I'm not gonna complain though, Wife, 2 kids, full time job and I got to ride that much? Life's good. But I agree with Myke...never enough!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
Yeah I keep a log, mostly for motivation on those cold winter days I don't want to commute to work.

Total Days: 161
Total Miles 2,202.08 miles (My most ever)
21 Times on my Salty,
18 on my Toro
17 on my Marble (This surprised me)
10 times on my Bruja (She was a bit neglected this past year, I'll have to fix that)
47 Times on my Martillo (750+ miles) - Wow, who knew I was a closet Roadie!
48 Times on the Commuter, almost at least once a week.

Huh, the most used was my commuter, and most miles was the Roadie and yet, I call myself a mountain biker, go Figure! :) I'm not gonna complain though, Wife, 2 kids, full time job and I got to ride that much? Life's good. But I agree with Myke...never enough!
wow! that is a lot

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
far from enough...perhaps enough to keep up with the average weekend warrior but way less than being in even half the shape i used to be; hope to change that in 09

having said that, logging miles is ghey...i dont even carry a watch as it defeats the whole purpose of riding IMHO so unless you actually race bike as a living, you are not going to convince me otherwise

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
FoShizzle said:
having said that, logging miles is ghey...i dont even carry a watch as it defeats the whole purpose of riding IMHO so unless you actually race bike as a living, you are not going to convince me otherwise
I GPS every ride so I can confirm I suck at this riding gig!

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
2008 Ride Results:
101 ride entries
Total elevation gain? Maybe 150,000'.
1,132 miles

Most of this was done on the El Ciclon w/ a short stint on a SC Blur after the frame cracked in Sun Valley while on vacation and about 150 on either my 1997 Moots YBB converted to a singlespeed or Santana tandem rides with my 9 yr old daughter.

All offroad in Flagstaff or Sedona w/ biking vacations to sw Utah, Sun Valley/Stanley, Idaho and Durango. In no particular in 09 would like to check out Tahoe, Downieville, Oakridge, and Mt. St. Helens.

·
No known cure
6,137 Posts
I don't keep track of mileage but I rode enough to be competitive in the 17 races I entered last year. I've been off the bike for a couple months but will be racing the first race of Southridge's Winter Series in Fontana Saturday. I'm only doing the Super D so we'll see how that goes with my new training program that consists of beer and naps:D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Around 2,200 miles

Which was pretty good for me, and included several trips to Fruita and Moab, the Kokopelli, Sedona, Crested Butte, Gallup, Angel Fire and almost all the crappy rides we have here in the Durango area.
I even rode in Farmington once, but I won't do that again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.