Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the stock wheelset on my fully right now. singletracks on ritchey pro(?) hubs. hubs are super smooth. I used this wheelset for whistler, did great, didn't even have to re true the wheels even after many hard hits. I was saving up for some azonic outlaws. but I'm wondering are they even worth it? my riding style is kind of trail/DH/FR. I like this wheelset, but I'm wondering is it burly enough to handle more DH as my skills are continuing to grow?

if I dont really have to upgrade my wheels, then I wont because I'd like to maybe put some more cash into other parts :p

pics of the front and rear.

Attachments

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't see why you would upgrade it if they haven't been giving you a whole lot of trouble...Single Tracks are decent as well. The Hubs? Eh...they roll...right?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replys. and yes, the hubs do roll. in fact they roll really well. alright yea, they're tight I'll just keep them. one thing with getting outlaws, is then this could become a backup wheelset ? but not sure I would really need a backup set.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tacubaya said:
How are the Kenda Kinetics?
they're okay. a little slippery right now. much better in dry conditions. I used the rear one up at whistler. it did very well up there. had a minion up front. put the kenda back on because I dont to wear down a $60.00 tire riding around town :p they're not the best tires. but they're pretty good for their intended purpose.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
Ride them until they blow up, then upgrade. I've beaten up my single tracks doing about every type of riding imaginable and they're still good. Just ride smooth and pick better lines and they should last you a while.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.