Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im wondering if anyone can help me with a question i got im new to full suspension bikes my bike is equipped with a stratus pro air shock and im wondering how much beating this shock will take im doing freeride on this bike of mine and hoping i wont kill the shock to fast if anyone can help it will be much appreciated
thanks chris:thumbsup:

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
The Joshua is a relatively lightweight, old school XC URT. I'd be more worried about the frame breaking in half from 'freeriding' with it than air shock longevity. It was never intended to be ridden that way.

·
I railed it like Kong
637 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Joshua, but if came equipped wih a stratos it is a xc bike for sure. A lot of people had trouble with air leaking on those shocks. Me included. I owned the xc version with the handle mounted lockout (which i'm thinking is the one you have), and the helix (coil version). I loved the helix, but the xc was always leaking air and eventually gave up.

I would say ride the way you want, but know that you will probably blow that shock up. Just start saving up for something else. Santa Cruz is still blowing out 3way airs for $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.