Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times so far:rolleyes:

First time was riding down a logging road and there was a wide spot with some stumps. Well, I decided to see how much air I could get on a stump:p but my rear rotor landed on another stump (I barely got my tire moved far enough over to keep it from landing on it). Totally flattened over 90°. I just shrugged it off and figured it was because I did something dumb:rolleyes:

Second time was pretty embarrassing...rode my bike over to my grandpa's to water some plants in his greenhouse while he was gone. So I rode down this 10 foot long gravel path with some rocks on the left side, and somehow slightly bumped about an 8 inch rock with my pedal. Just enough to roll into my rear rotor and bend it so I couldn't bend it back.

Third time, was riding an easy single track and very slightly bumped a rock. I was able to straighten it with a channel lock with wood taped to the jaws. Gonna have to be more carful now:skep:

And that was with 160mm avids...

Do you more experienced people ever bend them?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well it looks like you are getting better at it. Considering the first time you had to replace the rotor; and the last time you were able to bend it back with tools. Next time it will only need some minor tweeking with your hands.

The other option is to start buying rotors in quantity and keep them in your camelpack for trail side replacements. Then you can throw caution to the wind. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha yeah I should probably buy a bulk pack:p

I think I'll try bending the second one back, considering how well it went with the last one. It was a little worse though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.