Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Professional Crastinator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done many vids, and I have taken some slight liberties with camera angles to make things appear a certain way (maybe to look a little bigger, or a little rougher, than what they are)....

Looks big, right? ;)
Plant Tire Wheel Military camouflage Automotive tire

That is actually very rocky.
Plant Nature Leaf Botany Natural environment

But by and large I get everything in one take (a long skinny, a reverse teeter-totter [ponder that], a stair climb...).

This past weekend, I pulled a small tree aside to make room for a big-ish log skinny with an "elevated" (2 ft?) drop. The small tree would otherwise catch your left handlebar. In 2 tries, I cleaned it from end-to-end. :cool:
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle helmet

Then I tried to get it on video. 馃槵

I'm lucky I didn't die. At least 10 tries later and once OTB and I had captured a full ride, but with a 2/10 on the dismount (shown above).

Did you ever just give up? I was almost there. 馃が

-F

Always in the wrong gear
One take. No do-overs.

I'm a terrible YouTuber, I don't do 'intros' (What's YouTube! This is yah boi Shredimus Maximus! This week we're out at the BroBrah enduro lookin to get steezy; we're gonna go Full Send, so smash that like button!)

I basically strap the gopro to my chest, hit record and go. If I stop for more than a 'pause' I'll stop recording, and restart (if I remember).

At home I'll edit out the **** parts and banal conversation, whittle it down to a length I don't lose interest, and throw on a very basic graphic to specify the ride location or trail. I did music once, the results were, IMO, underwhelming.

I could do better. I just can't be bothered.
Me:

Registered
One take. No do-overs.

I'm a terrible YouTuber, I don't do 'intros' (What's YouTube! This is yah boi Shredimus Maximus! This week we're out at the BroBrah enduro lookin to get steezy; we're gonna go Full Send, so smash that like button!)

I basically strap the gopro to my chest, hit record and go. If I stop for more than a 'pause' I'll stop recording, and restart (if I remember).

At home I'll edit out the **** parts and banal conversation, whittle it down to a length I don't lose interest, and throw on a very basic graphic to specify the ride location or trail. I did music once, the results were, IMO, underwhelming.

I could do better. I just can't be bothered.
Me:
Water Blue Underwater Nature Organism

Always in the wrong gear
Actually, that vid was quite successful in conveying the loose, crunchy conditions. I could hear the crunching and rocks kicking up. (y)

-F
The more I film, the more impressed I am with guys like BKXC, Loam Ranger and VanCan/Van Girl Yuka who clearly put a ton of effort into video editing. 3rd person shots, voice-overs, slick transitions, etc.
You really appreciate the effort when you realize how hard that stuff really is to pull off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.