Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Riding dirt since 1970
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my 2nd trip (Park City Dec.22-27)& hald a blast. Ice, anyone? It rained the night we got in. :eek: I was a bit apprehensive after 2 years, but the Burton custom, along w my saloman boots, made the ride fast and open. When it did snow, the board seem to slow, but able to cut easily through the post x-mas crowds/crud... :rolleyes:

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Love It

Went to Mountaincreek yesterday to ride a bit.
We need another storm because I hate riding up the gondola looking at all the bike trails and not being able to hit them!
Burton Feelgood, 152
Burton Lexa Bindings
Burton Moto boots

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wasn't expecting what I got yesterday, 2 feet of freshies with only my tracks from the previous run. Of course this was after hiking an hour from the top of the mtn. The place was packed so hiking was my only option. It payed off, the snow was heavenly and the open pow fields were almost sexual. Good day to ride.

·
Registered
213 Posts
nice pics i love snowboarding its like cross training for mtb during winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Unfortunately I've only been up snowboarding 3 times so far this season. :( And the snow's been AMAZING thus far out here in CO. <rant> I was supposed to go up Tuesday this week but my Dad got sick, so I can understand that. Then I was supposed to go up Thursday/Friday with my friend Alex (forsakencheezit on here) but he decided it'd be cooler to go to crested butte instead. THEN, I was supposed to go up today with my friend Eric (mtnbiker24/7 on here) who had the idea of going up, and last night at 10o'clock gives me a call saying he has to work (which I think is pretty damn suspect) so I'm pretty damn pissed right now that a week of 4 days of skiing turned into ZERO. </rant>

I am however going up tomorrow on New Years. :D

My setups are:
Ride Fleetwood 161
Ride LX bindings

Ride Kink 156
Burton freestyle bindings (or some other cheap burton ones)

And... Ride Orion boots (I think, don't quite recall the model name but hella comfortable :D )

·
Riding dirt since 1970
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhhh c'mon mon-rub yo hand on de bottom of ah freezah!

scabrider said:
what is snow? how do you board in it? i know nothing of this cold winter you speak of, only sun...
...or just get bent, like me :)

·
Riding dirt since 1970
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seriously, though...

You Cali boys seem to have it all. Wish I had some tomato juice to go with this vodka. Whoa, I'd better slow down-takin the wife on a ride this pm. Maybe I'll just pad up ;D

·
Registered
420 Posts
So far out in Cali the season has sucked due to warm storms and lots of rain/wet snow. I went up to Kirkwood on Tuesday since they tend to get the best snow in Tahoe due to location and high base but it was raining there also. It was basically slow and wet. I've been up a total of 2 times this year when I usually have between 7-10 in by the new year. Mother nature needs to turn on the cold!

This is probably herecy here, but I actually consider MTBing cross training when there is no snow. Fortunately living in the Bay Area there is plenty of both to go around in the winter.

·
Riding dirt since 1970
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Oooooooooo

JimC. said:
"if it were easy, it would be called snowboarding" K2 Telemark

Jim, always humbled by Whistler winter and summer.
.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek: I used to ski. Sold my boots in '03 and still can't get rid of the old longboards-only offer I've had was from a guy who wanted me to give them to him so he could cut them up and make chairs. Don't feel bad, most dudes over 30 can't take the 3 day a** whipping it takes to convert. Try surfing, if you can swim :D
PS-I'm thinking maybe I should dig up a Fullface for that pm ride....

·
Riding dirt since 1970
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See....

Fillmoe Slim said:
So far out in Cali the season has sucked due to warm storms and lots of rain/wet snow. I went up to Kirkwood on Tuesday since they tend to get the best snow in Tahoe due to location and high base but it was raining there also. It was basically slow and wet. I've been up a total of 2 times this year when I usually have between 7-10 in by the new year. Mother nature needs to turn on the cold!

This is probably herecy here, but I actually consider MTBing cross training when there is no snow. Fortunately living in the Bay Area there is plenty of both to go around in the winter.
You guys are spoiled. After booking a trip 6 weeks in advance and flying halfway across the fuc#@#@ country, I have to take what I get-including scraping that $500. demo board over frozen dirt/rock (with a smile on). Not complaining, mind you :)

PS-Tahoe is the most scenic riding I've had-everyone should do it-don't forget Northstar ;)

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
lifer said:
Finished my 2nd trip (Park City Dec.22-27)& hald a blast. Ice, anyone? It rained the night we got in. :eek: I was a bit apprehensive after 2 years, but the Burton custom, along w my saloman boots, made the ride fast and open. When it did snow, the board seem to slow, but able to cut easily through the post x-mas crowds/crud... :rolleyes:
I snowboard!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.