Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are doing double duty ? How many road miles a week ? What bike are you riding on the road , MTB or road bike ? Do you consider yourself a MTBer , Roadie , Cyclist ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
nachomc said:
Hydraulic piston activated height adjustment

Pffft...real chair riders go rigid. Or if you are less hardcore you could go with 2-3 inches of foam suspension padding.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Ridley Excalibur here with a mix of Campy Record and Chorus. And I ride right now about 100 miles a week. But that will be gong up quite a bit in the next few months. And I would say I'm a cyclist.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I am a person who cares about fitness and loves being outdoors. I hike, run, work out in the gym, and ride bicycles all for fitness. Cycling is my primary means of having fun while engaging in fitness in the warm weather. I ride a cyclocross bike with two wheelsets, one for road and one for 'cross. I ride a full suspension mountain bike on trails.

As the weather warms up I'll go to the gym less and less, get about 150 to 200 road miles a week, 3-4 hours on the mountain bike a week.

David B.

·
1946:2006:2066
1,458 Posts
spazzy said:
Pffft...real chair riders go rigid. Or if you are less hardcore you could go with 2-3 inches of foam suspension padding.
wimps

it's gotta be an old fashioned '40's oak office chair with arms and swivel.

you know, PI style.
complete with
45 in the right desk drawer
and bottle of scotch in the left

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
summer i ride to work on my old school 10 speed as seen below . i would say im a mountain biker considering the road bike only has like 70 miles on it but my 4 mounth old parker has about 1000 all ready.

Attachments

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd roll with that Raliegh for sure , looks like my size too . Some great replies , I knew there were pavement types lurking in here .

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
I'd roll with that Raliegh for sure , looks like my size too . Some great replies , I knew there were pavement types lurking in here .
its a fun bike doesn't get enough love though

·
Retro on Steroids
2,990 Posts
I was a roadie for a rock band for a long time.

I raced road bikes in the seventies.

I have taken two road rides in the last year. I do my local travel on my town bike, a Ritchey P-21.

If I get hurt mountain biking, I have to do it to myself. On the road there are all kinds of things looking to hurt you. I am almost 100% mountain biker now.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
I'm a cyclist, prefer MTB but put do road in the hope of becoming "fit". Been riding a Trek Madone 4.something (lowest) for little over a year. Got in three road rides last week and picked up 100 miles, and hit my second car.

·
Thread Killer
771 Posts
I'm building up a road bike...Actually, not so much building as buying up cheap parts. I will get it built this summer, just because someone told me I couldn't build a bike for $500...I wanna disprove them.

But, I do ride my mountain bike nearly everywhere....it's a little alarming at how quickly the tread is wearing off my tires. I guess it's to be expected though, they're cheap tires on old, heavy rims.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
1,331 Posts
I have an older allez that I've been trying to hover around 100 on these days.. tour of the tucson mountains is coming up after all.. I don't consider myself anything, I just ride.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
About 150 per week for the last 5 weeks since the weather broke. Riding a Ti Sports frame w/Ultegra build.

I blew past a couple of roadies today who was all dressed up like they wandered off the TDF course, me with my MTB baggy shorts and jersey flapping in the wind...I love doing that!:D

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I was into road bikes in the 80's, and then switched to mtbs in the early 90's. A couple of years ago, I moved out to the country. With miles and miles of low-traffic roads right out the front door ... I had to pick up a road bike again. Even started going on group rides, with a (non-pro) roadie group, a couple times a week. Riding in a 15 person pace line at 20+ mph, is a blast.

I just consider myself a cyclist really, but some guys in the roadie group have, literally, introduce me to others as "this is D ... he's a mountain biker." :D They mean it as a compliment... I think :skep:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts