Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many enduros do most of you do in a season? This is my 3rd year doing this stuff and I'm still trying to figure out the balance between race, recovery, race.

Let's face it enduro aren't cheap, AND take their toll on the bod. Just want to see what others are up to and how many folks mix in some regular XC with their endurance races.
Obviously I'll be listening to my bod, my wallet and my boss- Wifey:D

Thinking at aiming at a 13 hour in April, a 12 hour in May (maybe), peak for a 24 in June, followed by a mid season recovery. Then maybe finish off the late summe witha 100 miler or 2. On paper I'm looking at only aobut 5 races, but damn that a lot of miles for a "wanna be"!! ;)

What's in the rest of your plans?

jason

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've plans for 4 24's, Trans rockies, maybe 5 or more XC races in my area and most of the harescramble/ cross country dirt bike races I do for cross training. Pretty much guaranteed some sort of competition every second weekend until mid sept.

·
Grizzly
695 Posts
My schedule seems to work out at about 1 enduro per month between May-Oct. This year there are a couple early season ones that will extend that--so Feb-Oct.

Locally there is a great XC series that I try and do 4-6 races in, as well as a few Wed. night "for fun" series races. The XC stuff is mainly for training purposes, but they are sheer fun as well. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.