·
Registered
2,659 Posts
10 crits
3 XC races
1 road stage race (3 stages)
2 road races

So far this season

Playing it by ear the rest of the season, maybe about 15 more races. BTW, crits are real cheap (and close)!!

Also, a local points series started that alternates crits and XC races; I may jump into that as well.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
10 races completed:
Sea Otter, 3 weeknight XC (2nd series), 2 regular xc podium/DNF, 1 50 miler, 2 6hour races (won), 1 24 hour solo (won)

To go: 2 50 milers, 2 6hours, 3 Weeknight XC, 1 100 miler, 2 24 hour solo

·
Registered
80 Posts
1 XC race so far.

Probably do about 8 more XC races. 1 18 hour race. 1 100 mile mtb race. And then 12+ cyclocross races this fall.

I've toyed with the idea of maybe doing some crits... but I've never done one and the thought of going down hard on the pavement at a pretty high speed scares me. I can't afford to get injured and miss time from work.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Just in time for the end of Q2 ;)

As a Sport racer:

I did 5 XC Races in Jan-Mar through a local race series.
Keyesville Classic All-Mountain stage race
One endurance event (Vision Quest - 56mi, 12000ft of climbing with cut offs).
Two NMBS races (Fontana and Santa Ynez)
Sea Otter
Idyllwild Spring Challenge
12 Hours of Temecula

I did my first Expert level race at the local series last month, and while I had no competition, my time was fairly competitive with previous races (same course).

I hope to make it to a different local race series as an Expert once this summer, and then I plan on doing 3 XC races later this year as part of the So Cal Triple Crown series. It'll give me a good idea of where I stand in expert, and what I need to work on for 2009 :)

Also plan on hitting up the last of the 12 Hours of Temecula race series, but in Pro/Expert (the competition should be really difficult in November) instead of Sport as well.

I wanted to do an 8 hour solo as part of 24 Hours of Adrenalin's Hurkey #2, but hubby said no due to money.

If money was no object, I'd also be really into doing the American Mountain Classic at Brianhead in August.

Soo.. 13 races so far, and at least 4-5 more to go. Most like Sept-Nov for the remaining races, so I've got the summer "off".

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Season

Our season starts a bit later than the others due to the high altitude snow. I've done 6 with 12 to go. My series really only started 2 weeks ago...

·
Banned
822 Posts
I was just told that Gary Fisher/Trek no longer have ANY GF Paragons in my size at any of their 3 main warehouses.

So, my MTBing is put on hold yet again.

In terms of road racing, I've done 15 or so races, had a couple of near misses at podiums, earned some upgrade points, and worked for the team in a streak of 4 consecutive wins.

Team is riding great, everyone is on form AND getting better, and we all do whatever we can for the team, when we can.

I have about 25 more road races this year, and I hope to get 3-4 MTB races under my belt before things shut down for the year.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I need to try a road race. I do all my training on the road.

I'am doing a TRI on July 26 for the first time. My friend wanted to do it real bad, I didn't care either way. So I agreed for moral support. What sucks is that on the 27th is a TT race I HAVE to do because one race gives points to BOTH race series (TT series and point series). Nail two birds with one stone. I NEED to have a strong finish in that race. The TRI the day before will make that a challenge. It's a half tri so swimming 1/2 mile and biking 14 miles won't really be an issue. It's the freaking 5 mile run that may do me in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Done:
3 XC (18/18, 7/11, 6/12)
1 Endurance (Syllamo's Revenge 104/300)

To Go:
4 XC
3 Endurance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.