Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All day I was forced to stare and wonder what it would be like riding out at McDowell Sonoran today. Bell Pass was shrouded in cloud cover most of the morning and I couldnt help imagining how awesome the Hike-A-Bike would be up there today! (yeah I still suck)

I have plenty of wet weather gear but with my tendency to fall when its dry out I can only imagine wet rocks would have me begging for mercy. But I know some of you are crazy enough to do it!

Wet weather riders please stand up!

Btw will be hitting Deems tomorrow at 430p :D

·
EDR
10,427 Posts
I used to make a point to go out to Hawes during winter storms. The low cloud cover out there made it absolutely beautiful. I'd put on the rain jacket and cover my helmet and head out there, even if was 45 degrees. After riding for 8 years now that novelty has worn off. I'll still do SoMo in a light rain, just b/c it becomes so wonderfully tacky out there but for the most part rain + (AZ) cold just makes me want to stay home and watch tv :)

·
skilldest©
439 Posts
I just got back from a DC night ride...just a few drops coming down now. Way tacky and smooth. DC from warpaint to helipad turn off then back to my place. I took hidden trail looping from 36 to 46.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I rolled DC at somo this morning from 9:30 to 11:30. was so windy going west was like hitting a wall. heading back east though felt like the afterburner was pegged. so fast... was amazing.

what was the wind like up on national around that time? :rockon:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maadjurguer said:
shower cap for your helmet makes for a happy rider..........it also make you look like a prophylactic....
Did you just say Id look like a ********?
As sad as it seems to be, youre starting to entertain me :D Now I just have to buy legs to keep up with you and follow you to the tequila tree!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Man I would normally ride today, and just looking out the window while I am "Making the most of it and getting something done!" I really wish I was riding today. But I just don't trust my immune system yet after this fall's intestinal weirdness. And, I have way too much that I need to be healthy for going on so I will come back here looking for pics of you guys riding in the rain!

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
SHNIPE said:
Brad, Ben and I will be at Deems at 430 if youre bored :D
Deems in the wet is interesting. Done that. The nature of the mud on those trails is such that your tires, pretty much no matter how open the tread, turn to gumballs. Still fun.

I don't want to ride that late today. Aiming for somewhere between 2-3:00pm for launch from somewhere.

·
"No Clue Crew"
2,459 Posts
DesertCrawler said:
Deems in the wet is interesting. Done that. The nature of the mud on those trails is such that your tires, pretty much no matter how open the tread, turn to gumballs. Still fun.

I don't want to ride that late today. Aiming for somewhere between 2-3:00pm for launch from somewhere.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.