Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
you should get enough spacers from the two cassettes... depending on which ones they are. If they have spacers bvetween every cog... you should be fine, however if it is an XT style cassette with a carrier and multiple cogs attached... you will have to get more spacers.

I run cassette spacers on all of mine because I am cheap... and the bike shop will generally give me old cassettes!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tamen00 said:
you should get enough spacers from the two cassettes... depending on which ones they are. If they have spacers bvetween every cog... you should be fine, however if it is an XT style cassette with a carrier and multiple cogs attached... you will have to get more spacers.

I run cassette spacers on all of mine because I am cheap... and the bike shop will generally give me old cassettes!!
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what model the cassette on the Jake is, could well be an XT as most of the drive train is.

I'll ask the bikeshop if I get stuck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.