Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was reading the thread about wether 5000' vertical feet was a lot, i got a thinkin. How many ppl actualy do most of there riding on mountains? now i dont mean if u have made a trip to ride a mountain, but how many do the majority of there riding on real mountains? i dont cause well, there nearest mountain is like 18 hours away

·
Registered
87 Posts
I live on the side of a mountain, well its not a "Mountain" but its a large hill with many downhill trails that are plenty long. So i basically do the majority of my riding on a mountain. That must be rough living 18 hours away from a good riding spot.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MtN BkR90 said:
That must be rough living 18 hours away from a good riding spot.
ya it is, i have never riden on a mountain b4, hell i have only seen a mountain once when i was 6, but we still have Dh trails. but they r extreamly short. and only like 100" vertical drop. but its stiff fun

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
dhtahoe said:
Yep me too. No snow in Tahoe yet so still riding alot of my DH stuff.
Lucky. Not that I'm protesting this awesome snow (been snowing all day here) and going snowboarding, but I haven't ridden my M3 since like September. I think it's secretly going to plot to kill me so that it can find someone else who rides it more. :(

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Yeah, me and Sombrio live in the Peoria area. We ride Farmdale Reservoir. I live 5min drive or 15 min ride from it.

He lives in Peoria. Hehe.

Yeah, I can't imaging learning DH on Whistler or something. I could probably handle it. Nah, I'd die.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I live in North Vancouver where there's 3 mountains less than 30 minutes ride away. Then there's Whistler which is about 1 hour by car. Not too bad...
Sombrio69 said:
dude it is even worse out here in Peoria, where i live there are 4 farm surounding my house and, a total of 46 farms on my rode, but atleast there is the best ****in dirt to make DJ's out of.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
I agree with Sombrio again. I found that most of my backyard is PURE CLAY.

Now I have two gaps back there.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
I Do I Do

Living here in the GREAT Pacific Northwest I have mountains right outside my door with some great shuttle dh trails as little as 20min away. And in any direction I look there is great riding within driving distance such as Post Canyon up the Gorge and Falls City, Willamette Pass and even Whistler is within driving distance...... That and the fact that we always have low elavation stuff that stays ridable all year.. and great big mountain snow for ski'ing and snow boarding not to mention SKI- BIKING
How perfect is that ?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.