Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I constantly see threads about "meeting girls on the trail".....well, I am curious how many here actually are in relationships that started on the trail.

My GF (fiancee in 2 weeks) bikes, but we were introduced by mutual friends who also bike, so technically, we did not meet on the trail.

Inquiring minds want to know.....how many here have biking to thank for their true love?

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Lessee, once agree to go out w/ a guy b/c he SAID he was a mtn biker.... turns out he owned a mtb, but used it for the paved path around the park :rolleyes: We dated a couple of years, though.

Have managed to get only one BF out on a bike on trails, but he never stuck with it. Oh well. Current guy I've been seeing on/off *refuses* to even give it a try: "I know how to BIKE," he claims. Right, whatever.

Our local club has at least one engagement b/w two of its members. And at least one other couple that I can think of off the bat that's dating through the same club.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Christine said:
Lessee, once agree to go out w/ a guy b/c he SAID he was a mtn biker.... turns out he owned a mtb, but used it for the paved path around the park :rolleyes: We dated a couple of years, though.

Have managed to get only one BF out on a bike on trails, but he never stuck with it. Oh well. Current guy I've been seeing on/off *refuses* to even give it a try: "I know how to BIKE," he claims. Right, whatever.

Our local club has at least one engagement b/w two of its members. And at least one other couple that I can think of off the bat that's dating through the same club.
It is definitely nice to share common interests with that special someone. If she is busy or cannot go or stuck at home for whatever reason, she understands if I want to go for a ride.

The couple who introduced my GF and myself are also avid bikers.....they did a cross-country trip by bike in 2004. And my GF used to race on a track bike at the local velodrome.....come to think of it, I am probably the *least* impressive of the two couples when it comes to biking;-)

My GF could kick my arse if she wanted too, but on weekend rides she is often very tired from her work because it includes long hours on her feet. Rested, she could squash me. Tired, and she is mine;-)

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Damn, everyone who has a signifgant other is lucky. Great when you can share in the hobbies and interests with your girlfriend/boyfriend/farm animal. Guess I landed the "opposites attract" kind.

Probably makes it easier for new bike purchases

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
baycat said:
Damn, everyone who has a signifgant other is lucky. Great when you can share in the hobbies and interests with your girlfriend/boyfriend/farm animal. Guess I landed the "opposites attract" kind.

Probably makes it easier for new bike purchases
We buy each other bike gear as presents. Other stuff, too, but we're too difficult to shop for, so the safe bet is always biking gear.

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Yes, yes

We are going on three years. Couldn't be happier. Some periods we ride more, some less, but when we need to be together and do something we both love, bikes come out, and all is well. Here she is about 50 feet from the spot where we first spoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While we are doing pictures......

Anyone know why my pic was so big when I attached it?

TIA

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lutarious said:
Here she is about 50 feet from the spot where we first spoke.
Wow.....so you did meet on the trail. That is really cool. And did I mention she is very pretty?;-)

·
Registered
271 Posts
well not on the trail but

I met my bf on a dating site and I didn't really think to much about him one way or another...we talked for about 2 months on line and then one day him and his friends were going to do some shuttle runs and asked if I wanted to go..nothing better to do so I went. He was really cute in person..his picts did him no justice....and him,his 6 friends and I had a great day of biking. He dropped me off and then we all went out for drinks later that night......a year and a half later we have a good happy life together and a very nice collection of bikes. My last long term BF that I met in Jasper....our first date was biking as well...good way to get out and see if they are compatable in that part of your life.My guy will never come on a xc ride with me,and is not nearly as bike obsessed as I am but our summer holiday in Whistler was so fun and I love that that was out vacation together and he is a really good freerider,who is always supportive and if I do something new and land it he always is so proud...."thats my girl" as he puts it and i love that.He also is super good at taking care of me when I have huge bails..so far 3 trips to the hosptial..he is a good BF...Kona

·
Registered
624 Posts
konahottie_311 said:
He also is super good at taking care of me when I have huge bails..so far 3 trips to the hosptial..he is a good BF...Kona
thats pretty funny. Our first (and only KNOCK ON WOOD) trip to the ER was for me, which we both thought was pretty ironic. He kept saying "I sure never thought I'd be taking you to the ER!". Its good to have your favorite pasttimes in common!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Like many of us

I have spent years trying to get my wife to ride with me. She always refused until I gave her a reason.. a bike trail nearby that leads to Bayside Bar & Grill on Minnetonka. We've spent many a sunny afternoon there.. only downside is that she hates the 8 mile ride home.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Hospital trips.... my at-the-time girl friend (now wife) got to take me to 2 emergency room runs. Even volunteered to help me post recovery with bandages and that fun crap. I figured if we can deal with this what the heck, I'll keep her. (and she decided to keep me too apparently)
Now 10 years later she still puts up with my weekly escapes to go play on rocks and ride in the mud.
We didn't meet on the trails though. Blind date in a pool hall / bar of all places.

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
It IS about the bike -

brianthebiker said:
Wow.....so you did meet on the trail. That is really cool. And did I mention she is very pretty?;-)
You are supposed to say "WOW, is that a 1987 Fat Chance Ti with a SID XC and Avid Black Ops on ceramic Crossmax?!"

I feel lucky to have them.

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
We met working in the same bike shop...

...JMH and I used to pool our pathetic winter paychecks to buy dinner and beer, back in the day.

10 years later, some adult responsibilty and a significant increase in job satisfaction later, we still ride together almost everyday:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Cheers,
Chuky

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.