Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im depresssed. I still havent even gotten my bike. Talk about leaving it for the last min. I just keep putting it off to call the LBS set up a date, and test drive the bike. Now i have all teh funds so im a lil excited here. So soon enough maybe next friday after school i set up a date with them. Well yeah i havent even started riding anything, not even BMX and i keep losing interest but the min i think about riding i get a deep whole in me wanting to ride. Also teh main rason i have been putting off the bike is due to the weather. I dont see the point of havin the bike when itsw been rainin for 3 days straight. This weather is depressing me. :mad:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Last August I went OTB and broke my collarbone in 2 places -put me out for the rest of the seasson.

This spring I 'm on my 2nd ride of the season ( last Friday) and take a digger due to a mechanical failure (threw a chain right before a warm up gap) and landed on my shoulder again. Now I'm out - for a couple of weeks anyway. :rolleyes:

At least you will be getting new bike soon. I have to go back to my crappy (and dangerous) old one. :mad: I think I'll just convert it to a SS -no more thrown chains! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That really sucks.. Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, im still waiting for the weather to get better. But come friday, im going out to the bike shop, callin before hand so they can get me the bike, then im test drivin it, if shes good im buying.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
man I wouldn't wait....I would have that bike in the shop ASAP....don't wait because if a clear day comes everyone will be at the shop and your bike will take longer to get back

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
November 13, 2004...

GinoLicious said:
Im depresssed. I still havent even gotten my bike. Talk about leaving it for the last min. I just keep putting it off to call the LBS set up a date, and test drive the bike. Now i have all teh funds so im a lil excited here. So soon enough maybe next friday after school i set up a date with them. Well yeah i havent even started riding anything, not even BMX and i keep losing interest but the min i think about riding i get a deep whole in me wanting to ride. Also teh main rason i have been putting off the bike is due to the weather. I dont see the point of havin the bike when itsw been rainin for 3 days straight. This weather is depressing me. :mad:
11/13/04 Was the last time I was on a mountain bike.
11/19/04 I had reconstructive shoulder surgery.
6/1/05: Assuming there's no set backs in my recovery, I'll be cleared to start riding on singletrack.

I'm really sorry to hear about the 3 days of rain that has kept you off the bike. That must suck a lot.

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
So far I have a little over 1,000 miles in. Unfortunately only about 200 or so miles of that has been on the mountain bike. I have also gotten in three races so far.

The first race was on April 3rd.. There were a couple of snow showers and about 5" of mud. The second race was on April 17th. The weather was perfect, around 80 degrees. The third race was yesterday, mid to upper 20's (fahrenheit), 4" - 5" of snow and windy. Ya gotta love WV weather.

Here are a couple of pics from the race yesterday, I don't think the photographer wanted to venture too far to get pictures of the single track, can't say that I blame him. These are from the start and the finish areas.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok, I can whine too.

Poop weather all winter.
First trail ride for my new 29" Fisher in February.
Ripped my anterior crutiate ligament and other knee damage.
Re-construction on 4-8-05.
We get the best weather we have had in months.
If I'm lucky I'll be road riding in June. Maybe back on trails by Sept.

See ya, (but not on the trails)
Tommy

·
Registered
764 Posts
Oh yeah,
well, I had this nasty hangnail one time and I couldn't go out in case I got dirt in it and I was out for a whole HOUR

Sorry, just being an a$$. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.