Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I figured with all the Ellsworth badmouthing threads I a sick of readings lets make a positive one. I am met many Ellsworth owners that own and love more than one Ellsworth bike. Well nows your chance to speak up! Lets all post how many Ellsworth's we own and maybe some pictures :)

Ellsworth #1
2004 Green Ellsworth Flight

Ellsworth #2
2002 Blue Ellsworth Dare

Ellsworth #3
2005 Black Ellsworth Moment

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love my Ellsworth

I currently own only 2 Ellsworth. I have had a couple over the years but my current Favorites are my Moment and Rogue!!!! :p Would not trade for anything. I have owned around 20 different bikes and none compare! Just want to add I have recieved great customer service over the years.. Keep making Great bikes Please! The Rogue is the best bike ever....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
cyberjad said:
So I figured with all the Ellsworth badmouthing threads I a sick of readings lets make a positive one. I am met many Ellsworth owners that own and love more than one Ellsworth bike. Well nows your chance to speak up! Lets all post how many Ellsworth's we own and maybe some pictures :)
I've got 2

My Truth which i've had for a few years now , only had one problem with bike in that time and that was a cracked chain stay near bottom bracket which was replaced by shop in 3 days!! - with a stronger one.

And because I wanted a bike with a bit more travel I've just bought an Epiphany

A sides from the cracked chain stay, I've been very happy with riding Ellsworth's :)

Check out my website with loads of pics of the Truth out and about in various places in the States https://www.mtb-hol.com

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
2 Ells for me

I have a 06 Moment and a 06 Rogue. I love them. I've had bikes from Cannondale, Trek, Intense, and Titus. I can honestly say thay my two Ells are my favorite bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love my Id,and i might become brand loyal..
If high BB Ells frame comes in production.

Btw.I finally bought the new asymmetric chainstay and replaced the repaired one(diy welded),This time the price was right for chainstay at my LBS. Eversince ID was back on trails i have not touched my other bike(Nicolai Helius FR)

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
Just one for me...they're fairly rare in Ontario...our local dealer stopped stocking them in 2005 and will only special order

Wife rides a Blur, daughter is on a Stumpjumper FSR Elite

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just one so far, my 2006 Truth. No regrets yet. I held out on a full suspension for years until I thought the reliability and performance issues were worked out in general. I could have bought something like a Trek fuel ex at the LBS but I aready have a Trek road bike and a Trek tri bike and wanted to try something different and that would feel special like my old Klein hardtail. This bike is great for the rocky rooty trails I'm typically riding. Climbs like my old Klein but doesn't beat me up so bad on long rides. I never find the need to lock out the rear. Hoping to do some endurance events this summer and maybe an Xterra tri. I haven't run into anyone else in New England with an Ellsworth yet, though with my schedule I don't get to ride with others much.

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
3rd Ells

I added a new Epi about a month ago. I love the bike!

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
I guess it's 4 Ells if you count my wife's Isis. The bike has been upgraded quite a bit since the pic was taken, but this is the only pic I had.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
zeb said:
I love my Id,and i might become brand loyal..
If high BB Ells frame comes in production.

Btw.I finally bought the new asymmetric chainstay and replaced the repaired one(diy welded),This time the price was right for chainstay at my LBS. Eversince ID was back on trails i have not touched my other bike(Nicolai Helius FR)
I got the high BB fever, but I can't refrain from building my 5 spot this summer... But damn, I love that ID in the rough stuff!!! Still going to ride it in the boulder fields so I don't have to go smack smack on the chainring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 right now

I just bought a 07 truth on ebay to replace my 02 truth. I will soon be selling my 02. I've had an Id which I recently replaced with a Moment and love it. My wife has a truth.

I've never understood the negative feedback about Ellsworth. I cracked the chain stay on my 02 truth and they had a replacment to my LBS in 2 days. I've only had great customer support from ellsworth. I've met the staff at many races and they always seem pretty cool and hook me up with deals on swag!

I think Ellsworth haters have deep childhood envy issues!

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
thenieto said:
I've never understood the negative feedback about Ellsworth. I cracked the chain stay on my 02 truth and they had a replacment to my LBS in 2 days. I've only had great customer support from ellsworth. I've met the staff at many races and they always seem pretty cool and hook me up with deals on swag!

I think Ellsworth haters have deep childhood envy issues!

I agree. I've only had positive experiences with the Ellsworth customer service thus far.

As for number of Ells - I remembered that a friend of my brother has at least 6 Ells -

Dare, Rogue, Joker, Moment, Epiphany, Truth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts