Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured i would ask my homies how many bikes you all have. not talkin bout bikes that are 10 years old and have not been ridden in so many years....but bikes you actually do consider part of your stable; mountain, road, cross or otherwise.

since i dont do road riding that is one less bike i have and 1 more mountain bike i can have, right? what i am really asking is for people to respond with big numbers so i can justify getting another one :D , though nothing blingy but another one nonetheless.

cheers
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man! see....ya'll need to stop picking on me. i only have 3 bikes with 1 more in my head and possibly ordered tomorrow so i am not any worse than Pauliemon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
Only the 1 bike (X5) and it does everything I need :)
Not the answer you were looking for.
I did briefly have an El Salty too, but I always chose the X5.
I used to have a road bike, but I sold it a couple of years ago. I much prefer off-road action and don't have time for both.

If I felt the need to race, I'd certainly have a lighter XC bike, but I'm not interested in competing. The last lightweight XC bike I had was a Dale Scalpel and I never really had much fun on it. Pointing it downhill was always painful!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Fo'

Gots 'fo of 'em, for now...

*Ventana El Capitan mountain, red
*S+eelman Signature roadbike, persimmon sparkle (same as Ventana's orange I believe)
*Soma Cross Check roadbike/commuter, burnt orange
*Bianchi B.U.S.S. singlespeed mountain, brown with gold "UPS"

The last two are for sale, and will make room for a Spicer titanium cruiser 29er ordered last week.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uktrailmonster said:
Only the 1 bike (X5) and it does everything I need :)
Not the answer you were looking for.
I did briefly have an El Salty too, but I always chose the X5.
I used to have a road bike, but I sold it a couple of years ago. I much prefer off-road action and don't have time for both.

If I felt the need to race, I'd certainly have a lighter XC bike, but I'm not interested in competing. The last lightweight XC bike I had was a Dale Scalpel and I never really had much fun on it. Pointing it downhill was always painful!
you darn engineers are WAY too rational. one bike! how dare you bring down the average!
 

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
Joined
·
3,822 Posts
- El Cap
- Trek Madone 5.2
- Walt Works SS on the way
- Weyless XP (hope to cannibalize and part off for El Padrino next fall)
- may buy a Sugar or a Cross' bike in 2007 ( a long shot but my LBS may hook me up, will require the purchase of jewelry first)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
FoShizzle said:
you darn engineers are WAY too rational. one bike! how dare you bring down the average!
LOL, don't worry I've got loads of other unecessary toys - cars, cameras, watches, computers, etc that make up for only having the one bike!
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
FoShizzle said:
figured i would ask my homies how many bikes you all have. not talkin bout bikes that are 10 years old and have not been ridden in so many years....but bikes you actually do consider part of your stable; mountain, road, cross or otherwise.

since i dont do road riding that is one less bike i have and 1 more mountain bike i can have, right? what i am really asking is for people to respond with big numbers so i can justify getting another one :D , though nothing blingy but another one nonetheless.

cheers
Dude-

You're worse than that character on "Sex and the City" with her shoe obsession. Please, get help. You really need it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Fo Mo

1. Ventana La Bruja - all mountain set up

2. Voodoo Bakka - steel monster HT with Z1, XT/D321 wheelset with 2.5 High Rollers. A beast.

3. Raleigh M80 - Everyday commuter, but ready for xc crushing at any moment. White Brothers SC90, XT/Rhynolite wheels, USE sus post etc...

4. Trek roadie - Old schoolie with full Ultregra group, TT bars & Salsa cross levers. shifters on the down. also used for commuting, NYC cruising, and winter days in the apt spinning on the trainer watching Ali G

Fo - You need another bike.

CR
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SVSocrates said:
Dude-

You're worse than that character on "Sex and the City" with her shoe obsession. Please, get help. You really need it. :D
thanks for the advice....now if only viagra helped with my bike purchase obsession i would be set
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Geez, do you really need justification???

You do? Well here's some more justification for you...

1) La Bruja - All Mountain
2) Saltimontes- XC
3) El Toro - SS
4) El Martillo - Roadie what else.
5) Marble Peak FS - Retro Fix (part time commutter)
6) Raliegh M50 - Commutter.

So pray tell, what are you looking at getting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
abscar said:
...a long shot but my LBS may hook me up, will require the purchase of jewelry first...
You treat your LBS quite well.

Current:
El Cap - fully pimped
Karate Monkey - SS, moderately pimped

In last twelve months:
Turner RFX
On One Inbred
Specialized road bike
Surly 1x1

I fired the roadie and all kiddie wheeled bikes.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ciclistagonzo said:
You do? Well here's some more justification for you...

1) La Bruja - All Mountain
2) Saltimontes- XC
3) El Toro - SS
4) El Martillo - Roadie what else.
5) Marble Peak FS - Retro Fix (part time commutter)
6) Raliegh M50 - Commutter.

So pray tell, what are you looking at getting?
i knew i could count on you to list your multiple bikes!

currently looking at a 29er Inbred.....not blinged out at all, looking at what i can get for about $800 complete....will find out today. this bike would be perfect for my noon time rides and would be something left in my office 24/7, in part because if i brought it home my wife would not "appreciate" it.
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Lol!

FoShizzle said:
in part because if i brought it home my wife would not "appreciate" it.
I can appreciate the sentiment, my wife saw me rebuild the Marble Peak and asked just one word.... "Why?"

I answered back in one word.

"Because"

She left it alone, for now. Probably only because my Raleigh is at the LBS waiting for a warranty Frame to come in...

-A

P.S. - I didn't know pornstars HAD offices! Wow.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top