Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
I know there's me, AndrewTO, and Mizzy on Dropmachine. The other two both have diSSents. Here's mine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Me too. BWB....we met at the Hilton Falls TT last April. You had your fisher at the time I believe.

I've changed the bike a bit since this picture. Added Formula Oro disc brakes, Fizik Arione saddle, flipped the stem etc.

Attachments

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
We should do what Francois did in SoCal -- a 29er ride but invite 26ers to come and try them too. Get as many different ones together as possible. Go to Hardwood Hills or Kolapore or some place...

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
what is the orange one, Motoman?
Custom steel Wily. It is actually Red, White and Blue now. I had it repainted, haven't built it, don't ride anything besides the Jones anyway so I am planning on selling it.

Attachments

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
nogearshere said:
i for one dont want anyone else joining this exclusive club.
a ss division in ocups is bad enough...

this is the photo that will be used in the Canadian Tire Catalogue this Spring:
I prefer to compare 29'ers to fundamentalist Christianity. If you aren't with us, you are against us, and unpatriotic.

My 5'5" wife rides a 29'er too.

Attachments

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
sperky said:
Me too. BWB....we met at the Hilton Falls TT last April. You had your fisher at the time I believe.

I've changed the bike a bit since this picture. Added Formula Oro disc brakes, Fizik Arione saddle, flipped the stem etc.
This is one that appeals to me (a horst link full suspension modle). How much dos one of those run you. I have been interested in 29er's for a wile now but 2 things that don't realy interest me at all are SS and hard tail / ridged bikes. I like my plush 5 inch travel bike way to much to go ridged.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
This is one that appeals to me (a horst link full suspension modle). How much dos one of those run you. I have been interested in 29er's for a wile now but 2 things that don't realy interest me at all are SS and hard tail / ridged bikes. I like my plush 5 inch travel bike way to much to go ridged.
I really like this bike a lot. It is built by Titus and is basically a Racer X for 29er wheels. Titus is also coming out with their own 29'er Racer X with slight different geometry.

I bough it from Speedgoat in the U.S. They are selling off the 2006's for $1499. Here is the link: http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=107009

They also have a pretty good deal on the 2007 version (slightly different paint) which includes a 29" Reba fork and Chris King Headset for $1999.

You can find some used Asylum's in the MTBR classifieds sometimes as well.

I'd be happy to let you give it a spin sometime. I like the idea of having an Ontario 29er gathering.

Steve

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
This is "number 1". My recently aquired Misfit Psycles Dissent "stole it from the factory" edition. (don't tell the owner's wife that I slept with the owner! :eekster: ) Don't know if it'll stay SS or go geared or what right now - I kinda have to learn how to ride again with this thing (compliment!). Hmmm, maybe I should say - now I CAN learn how to ride on this thing. :p :D :thumbsup: :) :cool:

Don't ask about the "Number 2" 29er. There hopefully will be one later this year, but i'm not telling.

Obligatory pics to spam for Misfit Psycles. (hey, they WERE requested by the OP! ;) )

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
29er 24 hour event

Why not put together an all 29er only team for a 24/24 hour event, we already know the advantages of the big wheel,

And here is mine, seen around the prevoius 24 hour events/rides
VernDogger

Attachments

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
ooh, that is a GOOD idea!
No, it's a GREAT idea. :thumbsup: :cool:

Unfortunately it's already been proven impossible to get more than 5 people from MTBR on a group ride, nevermind a 24H Team, so it'll probably just remain as such ..... a great idea never realized. I was going to suggest it, but figured it was pointless to do so. (shrug)

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
sweet rides everyone, especially motoman.... ;) what size is that wily?

anyways, you'll see a copycat thread i started in the western forum, hopefully there'll be more eye candy!

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
ferday said:
sweet rides everyone, especially motoman.... ;) what size is that wily?

anyways, you'll see a copycat thread i started in the western forum, hopefully there'll be more eye candy!
24" ETT. 16"ST. Send me a PM and we can chat.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Some frames can double as both

My Spot Ti frame (26inch) can be fitted with 29er tires, a narrow 700x40 no problems and my Cove hummer frame is the same way, good for converting into fast big wheel bike.

Having built up the real thing though, all the 26 inch stuff, bikes,tires,etc, is just sitting away, seeing very little use, although I do ride my fixed gear singlespeed (26 inch) off road quite a bit, the perfect winter hack trail bike.

Nice to see some different 29er builds in the SW ontario area. Can't wait till the racing season begins again

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
This was my geared one at the beguinning of the season:

And this is the real singlespeed version that i built up in November:

I took it out in the snow for the last couple of months and the bike is perfect... Now i'm expecting the new Kenda Nevegal 2.2... Can't wait to try those in the snow!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.