Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the end of my base 1 training and this week I only had to do 4 hours of riding. I became sick on Tuesday and only received a few hours of sleep Tuesday and Wednesday night. I only had a mild temperature, a little congestion etc., so I wasn't very sick. I slept solid last night and feel well today. I plan on riding 2 hours on Sunday. Should I ride today or tomorrow or rest? What would you do?

Thanks,
ecibis

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would say just wait and see how you feel, its your body and no one gauge how your feeling as well as you can.

I would say it is probably more detrimental to your training though to try and go out when your not feeling well than just stay home and take a day off.

So my advice is to just take it easy unless your sure your feeling really well, then ride on Sunday.

·
Still learning
876 Posts
Heh. I was sick Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and for some silly reason still decided to race on Thursday night.
By lap 2 (about 4km in) I was just utterly screwed. It screwed me up for the next 24 hours or so but I was okay when I went out again today.

I don't recommend it though :)

·
vegan cyclocross disco
282 Posts
Well, it's a good thing your in recovery week. It's not as big of a deal to miss a workout or two. I've always subscribed to the theory that if it's in your head then ride but if it's in your chest that hold off.

You're probably just going out in zone 1 or 2 right? I don't think that would cause to much pressure on your body.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will ride tonight

yeah, I'm in zone 1 and 2, almost always 2. I decided to hold off last night and do 1-1.5 hours tonight. I promised myself to stop if I don't feel up to par, but I'm sure I'll be fine. Unfortunately we had snow last night so I won't be able to do my normal Sunday 2.5 hour trail ride. so I'll need to make it up on the trainer....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.