Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just faxed an order in for a Medium Intense 5.5 EVP w/swinger 4-way in gloss black on 1/21/07. What has the general amount of time been for delivery for a frame w/ a special paint order? I've been told everything from 2-weeks to 2-months. The frame will be shipping to the other side of the U.S to Massachusetts. If anyone has some idea or has something to share about how long it should take, It would be greatly appreciated. Im so excited for when it comes!!!!

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
well...

Since Intense has an outside vendor powdercoat their frames for them, they are at the mercy of someone elses schedule. They usually wait to do a batch of one color, and then when free time comes up for a custom color it is done. Dont hold your breath for it though. When you order something custom, it is just that. Custom is not a rush job.

It sounds like Intense is really busy taking care of orders placed in the last few months, as well as taking care of new orders for the new 29'rs and other new frames to the market which people seem to be snapping up. Intense is a very small company with a lot of work to do.

Be patient, It will come soon enough and it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Possibilities...

Well, could be 2 weeks to 2 months... :D

Seriously, that depends upon what they have in stock at that point. Sometimes they have the correct color sitting right there and they get it out asap, sometimes they have to wait until the next batch of those colors to be through the Q. This year they did do a lot of pre-selling of bikes, getting shops to order some bikes up front, which I think is a great idea in order to know what you need, increase production here, decrease there, and then with the others that come faxing in, deal with what is needed at the time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I can't really ask when it will be at my front door, but I have been thinking that the longer it takes to arrive, The more time I have to save up for some goodies for it such as a Thomson Elite X4 OS and some Azonic carbon bars. Oh almost forgot, and some Marzocchi AM SL's in gloss black (or some foxxies), and some Mavic Crossmax XLR's or whatever abreviation of rim set I decide on. I've already got the King headset, '07 XTR front derailleur, '07 XTR 11-32 rear cassette, '03 Trusty Truvativ Holzfeller Triples, XT BR-M765 Hydro brakes, Sram hollow-pin chain, X9 Derailleur, and X9 Triggers.

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
Intense5point5 said:
I guess I can't really ask when it will be at my front door, but I have been thinking that the longer it takes to arrive, The more time I have to save up for some goodies for it...
That's always so dangerous! But I guess what better way to waste time waiting for a new frame than by buying really cool stuff for it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.