Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
somewhat schizophrenic
12 Posts
Two months, eight days, and counting...but it may be coming in on a shipment next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Lg Brown.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All in all, I've been waiting since May 25th and it's not due until late August/early September. Early September is my birthday (5th) so maybe the frame will be on time to receive a blue birthday ribbon!

However, the period between May25th and June 20th is rather me being a moron :madman: than because of non-availability of the frame (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=424758) :).

And actually, being a Moron is ok, since we're talking Ibis here :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
5 months and still waiting for a M, matte clear with blue links. Hans told me last month that, probably, the frame would arrive on July. Now it's July but I don't know anything yet.
Hans, are you there? Can you tell me something please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
iguy02,
When I was shopping around for a brown size L back in April and May, I came across a few shops that had already placed orders of matte clear bikes weeks/months earlier that had not yet been promised to a customer. I'm guessing that's how some guys have managed to get their bikes so quickly...

·
Registered
165 Posts
The lbs here in Toronto that I got my SL from (which I ordered last Sept and got in December) has one in matt clear on the floor right now. I'm not usre of the frame size, belive it's a Large, and it's got the WTF build kit but I'm sure they'll sell it as a frame only.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BloorwestSiR said:
The lbs here in Toronto that I got my SL from (which I ordered last Sept and got in December) has one in matt clear on the floor right now. I'm not usre of the frame size, belive it's a Large, and it's got the WTF build kit but I'm sure they'll sell it as a frame only.
yep, it's a large... I took it for a spin around the neighborhood a little over a month ago. when I brought it back to the shop i had trouble speaking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
??

Ordered in Feb, Initial Delivery Date 2nd week of April, Still waiting. Latest word is within a week or so. Hope it is true. honestly it was nice just not to hear the stock "two weeks" answer. Somehow makes me think it really is getting close. I have hopes for late July, Early August now.

Ibis 1 week = Real time 1 month (with fingers crossed).

Ultimately not Ibis's fault, if they had the bikes they would ship the bikes, not trying to sound down on Ibis, just antsy.

Ok ya, large Clear. with a custom Groupo from my LBS. Fox Float fork.

·
Church of the Wheel
749 Posts
Four months from order to delivery of large, clear matte SL, custom pimped by Wrenchscience (ordered September '07, delivered January '08) - I'm pretty sure it's the first one that they built.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One week ... it would have only been two days except that my bike shop had my old work telephone number!

After I demo'd the standard Mojo for a weekend and consumed everything in this forum, on July 1 I asked my LBS to check availability of a size large SL (no specific color). They called Ibis and found out that a large clear matte SL frame with red links was in stock. Two days later (it helps to live 15 miles from Ibis HQ), it was in my LBS. The frame arrived so quickly I haven't had a chance to decide my build details!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ordered mine at the end of November '08 and got it just before Christmas...only had to wait a month for my L matte clear with red links...it was worth the wait too!

Another Bike Shop in Santa Cruz rocks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Really?

worfolk said:
One week ... it would have only been two days except that my bike shop had my old work telephone number!

After I demo'd the standard Mojo for a weekend and consumed everything in this forum, on July 1 I asked my LBS to check availability of a size large SL (no specific color). They called Ibis and found out that a large clear matte SL frame with red links was in stock. Two days later (it helps to live 15 miles from Ibis HQ), it was in my LBS. The frame arrived so quickly I haven't had a chance to decide my build details!
How can Ibis have the frame in stock that I and many, many others, have been (im)patiently waiting for for anywhere from 3-6 months?
No offense and I'm happy for you, but I hope there is more to this than you write. Perhaps the shop had the frame on order as part of a bigger order for quite some time. If not, I'm truly bummed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yerma said:
How can Ibis have the frame in stock that I and many, many others, have been (im)patiently waiting for for anywhere from 3-6 months?
No offense and I'm happy for you, but I hope there is more to this than you write. Perhaps the shop had the frame on order as part of a bigger order for quite some time. If not, I'm truly bummed.
I second that. If I found out that someone could just order one and have it delivered today after my 4 month wait of "2 weeks" answers on when my bike will arrive, it would definetily:madman: . . . well honestly I don't know what I would definetly do:madman: . It would make me rethink IBIS customer care which so far has been their saving grace.

Guess I will just have to tell myself that his LBS had one on order already, and the earlier poster (Sorry I don't remember his name) just happened to have the best timing ever. I sure hope he bought a lottery ticket that day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.