Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How long did it take you to learn to bunnyhop?

I m just lerning the bunny hop and i can get about 15" inches of air. I am just wondering how long it takes to get to arond 2 - 2.5 feet. Also how often do u practice bunnyhopping and for how long? Whats the highest uv ever done? Also what kinda bike do you ride?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
this was like 8 years ago or so, but i think it actually took me probably about a month to get it down pretty well. i had clipless pedals and it was really easy, i got it like first or second try. but then i put on flat pedals and it took me forever.

i guess i don't really practice doing it, but i bunnyhop a few times each time i ride, which is every day. on average, i don't know, i can probably hop like 3 feet maybe. i don't know what the highest i've gotten is.

i ride a few bikes, kona blast, kona roast, and a dk 20".

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ruskyi121 said:
I m just lerning the bunny hop and i can get about 15" inches of air. I am just wondering how long it takes to get to arond 2 - 2.5 feet. Also how often do u practice bunnyhopping and for how long? Whats the highest uv ever done? Also what kinda bike do you ride?

Thank you :)
Back in the day, I was able to bunnyhop 41" (a rule of thumb was that I could get up and over stuff at the level of my handlebars). This was on a 20" BMX bike with platform pedals. It took me a long time to get to that level, but I tell you what, it is worth it to see peoples faces when you can bunnyhop up on a picnic bench with no problem. If the MTB is set up right (i.e. freeride hardtail or on a BMX bike) I can still do pretty well. One thing it did do was build my my forearms pretty well.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.