Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is supposed to rain a little here in Atlanta overnight...nothing heavy I don't think...

We had planned on riding the advanced trail at the single-track @ Blankets Creek tomorrow late morning...

Would the trails have dried up enough to ride without hurting them?

I know folks have always said the rule is never ride while it is raining to preserve the single-tracks better...but didn't know how long I should wait after the fact....

·
Registered
156 Posts
The rule of thumb is twenty-four hours or when the trails have firmed up. Having said that, I need to confess that on ocassion I have broken this rule when weather has managed to keep me off the trail for an extended period of time. For penance I commit to a day or two of trail work.

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
when you can ride across your lawn without tearing it up or making ruts, you should be able to ride the trails. but.. some trails dry out faster than others, and if you live in the Pacific North west you would never ride. So use common sense, if your riding is messing up the trails stop.

·
Trying a little
1,781 Posts
space mountain is rock hard before, after, and during rain. I've ridden on it's concrete like single track surface while torrents of water are coursing down it.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
if you get a real good soaking rain its best to wait about a day until the trails dry out. if its just light rain you can probably ride without doing any trail damage. some of the trails i ride are about 90% rock so i can ride whenever, even during the rain.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The SORBA website says the trail is open...but gonna call the hotline in a bit to see if it says anything...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.