Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have mine down to 26 lbs, I replaced the wheelset with Roval SL, the shifters, derailleurs and drivetrain are now x0, the front fork is a Sid RL, the saddle is a phenom pro, the handlebar is a Specialized Carbon mini riser and the Seatpost is a Thomson Masterpiece, but the brakes are stock

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine is also 26 or slightly under.Arch ex wheels,rocket ron and ralph tires.Tubeles.Xo cranks,xx bottom bracket,xg cassette,xx front and rear derailleurs.Xo brakes.Carbons bars,foam grips,carbon seatpost,phenom pro saddle.Xo shifters.Has a 180 disc on front.Cost a few dollars but its a great bike now.Its a 2013

·
I take 14,000 ft drops
86 Posts
I have a 2010 epic comp medium 29 that weighs in a 25lbs4oz; XX1, ec90 bars/post, Stans arch's, nobby nics set up tubeless. Trying to find out if I can get a newer
stumpy built up to a similar weight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2013 Epic Comp that weighs 23.8 lbs. XX1, Enve bars, Enve seatpost, stock saddle. GC front and Fasttrack rear. If I swapped out the heavy stock saddle and put renegades front and back it would probably be under 23.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2013 Epic Comp that weighs 23.8 lbs. XX1, Enve bars, Enve seatpost, stock saddle. GC front and Fasttrack rear. If I swapped out the heavy stock saddle and put renegades front and back it would probably be under 23.
Wheels?seems very lite for little done

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think low 24's/ high 23's is about as low as you can go. I've had a carbon comp at 24# with a power meter and all high end stuff while I was in between frames. My new WC S-Works weighs 22# with a power meter.

·
Registered
215 Posts
A Smart weld aluminum Epic would be very interesting. I have an Allez and it is on par with some of their best carbon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My large 2010 is 26.25. Currently has XX drivetrain, X-Max wheels w/ snakeskin Ralphs, Ritchey seatpost, Phenom Ti saddle, Syntace stem, Easton Haven Bars and Juicy 7 brakes.

After the Ouachita Challenge next weekend it's getting X01 and Mavic SLR's w/ EVO Ralph's. Should be interesting to see how much it drops.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have heard that the alloy frame is only .6 lbs heavier than the carbon

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have heard that the alloy frame is only .6 lbs heavier than the carbon
There is a 200g (0.44 lb) difference just between the Carbon Expert and Marathon due to the carbon seat stays on the Marathon vs all-alloy rear of the Expert.
So I'd find 0.6 lb difference between carbon (even the 10m) and alloy difficult to believe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I get my information from a friend who went from a comp to an S works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
147 Posts
Update on my earlier post.

I completed the X01 crank swap. Removed the shifter, housing, and front derailleur. Changed my C29ssmax's to new SLR's w/ EVO Ralph's which brought it from 26.26 to 24.84.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts