Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
How light can u go with a SuperLight? Guess its most common around 24-25pounds?
Anyone knows the weight of a XL with a RP23? (ano)

Can anyone tell me why to choose a SL over a Yeti ASR??:confused:

cheers in advance ;)

·
190lbs of climber
1,544 Posts
I've got an XL ano/RP23 down to 23lbs even. Stan's/American Classic wheels with some 400g tires (Crow rear, Conti Supersonic Speed King front) go a long way towards making the bike lighter on the scale and also feel lighter on the trail.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
You might be able to find some really low weights on the weight weenies section. Plus some links to those crazy light bikes they post there - I'd at least put this up there too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got mine (an ano 07 large SL) down to around 23 pounds also with full XTR, DT Swiss XR1540 wheels, syntace F99 stem, raceface next SL carbon flat bar, foam grips, Thomson masterpiece seatpost, eggbeater Ti pedals, Schwalbe racing ralphs, etc. Its a great race bike at this weight and seems to hold up pretty well with these components. I have no intention of trying to get much lighter as I would have to get into silly money parts and dubious strength and durability as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.