Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to commit to buying a FUNN Full Throttle saddle but man... That's a pretty lame logo to be sitting on. I've never strayed away from a purchase due to a company name before but am thinking about it on this one. Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
If the saddle skids your wheels, who cares about the name, it will rub off when you butt cheeks have connected with it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has everything to do with Socal..

It has everything to do with Socal..Especially since I live here, ride here and am asking YOU(the people who live here) if you know anything about this seat! Have you seen it around SOCAL? Do you know anyone in SOCAL that has one? What store in SOCAL might have them? Are you getting it yet? So, Does anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Cannon858 said:
It has everything to do with Socal..Especially since I live here, ride here and am asking YOU(the people who live here) if you know anything about this seat! Have you seen it around SOCAL? Do you know anyone in SOCAL that has one? What store in SOCAL might have them? Are you getting it yet? So, Does anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.
You didn't ask any of that in your original post.

This post belongs in the General forum, not here.

Save this place for SoCal specific issues.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Nagaredama said:
You didn't ask any of that in your original post.

This post belongs in the General forum, not here.

Save this place for SoCal specific issues.
1. You are not a mod. And fwiw, it should be in a Seats and Seatpost forum (coming soon).
2. People like to get recommendations from their peers, people they may have met in the past, as well as bolstering ties to a community that they could interact with in the future. I see posting anything in local forums as a viable option. They are like de-centralized General forum anyways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, this was in my first post, "Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.". If I knew that the "forum nazi" was going to be all over my jock, I would've specified. Also, why would I post this in the general forum?? So Billybob from Montana can tell me that his cousin Jed has the seat and loves it. Oh yeah, and that he bought it in flippin Helena?? How does that help me? I'd rather not fly to Helena, MT to look at this seat before buying it. Quit playing computer commando and loosen up. If you have no positive feedback, don't be a douche about it. I'm just trying to get some info from the people AROUND me and maybe the availability of the product in THIS AREA. Maybe tomorrow I'll start a new thread asking if you guys/girls from Southern Cali happen to know what the temperature in Fargo will be.. Or how much a Boston Terrier costs.. Or if you want to buy candy from my neighbors kid....

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Cannon858 said:
Also, this was in my first post, "Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.". If I knew that the "forum nazi" was going to be all over my jock, I would've specified. Also, why would I post this in the general forum?? So Billybob from Montana can tell me that his cousin Jed has the seat and loves it. Oh yeah, and that he bought it in flippin Helena?? How does that help me? I'd rather not fly to Helena, MT to look at this seat before buying it. Quit playing computer commando and loosen up. If you have no positive feedback, don't be a douche about it. I'm just trying to get some info from the people AROUND me and maybe the availability of the product.. Maybe tomorrow I'll start a new thread asking if you guys/girls from Southern Cali happen to know what the temperature in Fargo will be.. Or how much a Boston Terrier costs.. Or if you want to buy candy from my neighbors kid....
Next time maybe you should ask if any local shops have it in stock?

If Billy Bob in Montana has the Funn saddle and is super stoked on it, why wouldn't you just order it. Never mind how he likes it is meaningless to how you will like it.

Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
326 Posts
all this fussin' and a feudin' over a stinkin' saddle?

dude.. what is it.. $20 bucks? just don't buy any Pokemon cards for a couple weeks. you'll be able to afford it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The truth is, I have a list of 30 bike shops I got on line yesterday. I stopped calling them after the 11th one on the list said "no, we don't have it". Not one shop has the stuff. The majority of these shops never heard of the company FUNN. And seats are like shoes to me. I need to actually have it in my hand in order to see if I like it. It's not like, lets say a seatpost, where you know what you're getting into and can just click on the purchase button. It's a new company, and I didn't want to rush into the seat if I didn't have to.. I'm just having a tough time finding it. And I'm no so sure that I would trust billybobs judgement.. I'll just get the thing on line now. Thanks for the input people.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
F.U.N.N. does not have a big presence anywhere in the USA as far as I know. I mostly see their stuff for sale in the UK.

Their website is almost impossible to find and you will have a hard time finding their products in any shops in this area. Sometimes I see some of their stuff on e-bay.

I know this because I have a F.U.N.N. Baby Bertha front hub and have tried to find more of their products. I have no idea how the saddle is, but I can tell you if they make a saddle anywhere near as good as the their hubs, it would be worth looking into, but I wouldn't expect their customer service to be easily accessed with such an obscure presence.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
How lame are the names: "Chumba", "Jack-in-the-Box", "Pep Boys", "Giant"?

There's a taco company actually called the Pink Taco.

Got your attention and sticks in your mind, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.