Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking on ordering some cheap parts from them, cuz they're sale, and i dont know the quality of their service. if anyone has any advice on their service, i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I ordered online from them earlier this spring. Good service, quick shipping - no problems at all. The sales rep actually helped me save 10% off my order with a coupon code that I was unaware of at the time. I'd order from them again.

toby

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i bought a set of tires from them last week. that was the first time i have ordered from them. i placed the order last weekend, the tires shipped out monday (regular ground shipping) and arrived on wednesday so i'll say the service was good. i live in PA and they are in NY so im sure shipping would probably take a little longer if you live further away. they seem like they usually have pretty good deals so i'm sure i'll order from them again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great Seller

Bought a few things from them at different times through Ebay - great seller. Quick shipping and good deals. Check em on Ebay and look at their feedback.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Greenfish = Good!

MoonriseRascal said:
Bought a few things from them at different times through Ebay - great seller. Quick shipping and good deals. Check em on Ebay and look at their feedback.
Got some stuff from them, very prompt and good prices. A couple buds got stuff from them too, all good!

·
old and busted
120 Posts
I ordered a build kit from them. I was able to swap out some parts with no questions asked. Great service and fast shipping.

·
SSasquatch
535 Posts
Good Company

I order whatever I can from them. Shipping is really fast, and service is outstanding. They honor the price match without a problem.
In short, good prices + good service = Good Company

·
Don't touch me!
774 Posts
It seems most have had good experiences with them. But I guess I'll go against the grain here. Bought a pair of tires from them off of eBay. Both tires disintegrated after a short 5 mile ride.

Emailed GreenFish, they said something to the effect of "talk to WTB about it." There was no "we'll replace the tires for you" or even a "we'll try to fix the problem." So I had to get in touch with WTB's warranty dept (harder than it sounds: they had one poor soul working claims at the time) to get an RA#.

I got the tires warrantied, but it cost me about the same as msrp b/c of return shipping. I guess that is the price you pay for doing online business with some. Not a horrible experience, just one that doesn't fit with the customer service level I've had with others.

Add my experience with another review (in the tire section) of the same tire (bought at Greenfish) having the same problem. I left a scathing review of the store for selling defective tires (which was deleted; sorry about that, mods!). It boggles my mind that somebody at Greenfish knew those tires were defective, but were still allowing the sale of them. Those tires could've been a huge liability issue if someone got hurt.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i orders some stuff from greenfish not to long ago. very good customer service and very fast shiping. i order a set of cranks on a tuesday and got them on friday. so new york to arizona id say that quick shipping :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i placed two orders with this this week and so far so good. They responded to my emails with in 30 minutes back-to-back. Compared to Performance, Nashbar, and Supergo they are number one in my book. I have had poor customer service experience with P N and S.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good

I ordered some forks from them. The forks failed to work as advertised 8 months later. I called Sam and he hooked me up directly (got an actual human) with Answer Products. Sam e mailed me a copy of the receipt (10 months after purchase). The manufacturer replaced the forks. I thought the service was fine. They pushed me to the manufacturer, which is fine.

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
Excellent and you can actually talk to the owner

RJG said:
I ordered some forks from them. The forks failed to work as advertised 8 months later. I called Sam and he hooked me up directly (got an actual human) with Answer Products. Sam e mailed me a copy of the receipt (10 months after purchase). The manufacturer replaced the forks. I thought the service was fine. They pushed me to the manufacturer, which is fine.
Sam is the owner and the one you talk to if you call most of the time. I have ordered from them several times on both mountain bike and road bike parts and have always had nothing but excellent service.
As far as the guy that had his tires desintegrate, greenfish didn't make the tires and I can't really see Sam telling you that it wasn't his problem. If you have a problem in the future, ask to speak to him, I am sure that he will rectify the problem.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ANdRewLIu6294 said:
im thinking on ordering some cheap parts from them, cuz they're sale, and i dont know the quality of their service. if anyone has any advice on their service, i would greatly appreciate it.
i purchased an item off the mtbr hotdeals section.... the alex wheelset and some misc items. the wheels were packaged properly and came to me undamaged. prompt deliver to SoCal and shipping costs were reasonable. the entire order was shipped to me in the same package and they sent the right items. I only have good things to say from my first experience. I'd use them again.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sam is the man! I have ordered at least 10 - 15 times from him and I live in Australia! Not once has an order been wrong, not once has an order taken more than 5 days... and that is on the other side of the planet!!!! What more could I ask for?? I have ordered clothing, forks, bars, stems, brakes, saddles, tires

·
Upgrade Addict
239 Posts
A couple of sets of tires

Always got them a bit cheaper off of eBay. Superfast shipping both times. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts