Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for over a month now to have my Prophet actually function as it should. I am 180lbs and it came with a dinky green spring which my local REI promised to replace with a black for free. It's been forever and they say it's backordered. Nearly 4 months have passed since I ordered my Prophet and I still can't ride it. This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would call mfr direct and see if they can verify stock for you, if not, call another dealer to check availability. I ordered a black Ti spring for my Fox TLC on a Rush and I received it in less than a week and this was about three weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
couple of issues here,
REI is big and probably has some ordering dept that handles all the orders. If there isnt much to cdale, they may hold it until they can get an order, you know since its free and all.

I think the spring on the rush is smaller. I dont even remember the TI springs coming in black for the Lefty Max. If they do, I maybe ordering on for my max.

I would also call around to an LBS or MendonCycleSmith. They may have one. You will then have to pay for it, but you'll be riding more.

I know how you feel. I was running a red spring and did a bit do many fork dives and OTB.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know C'dale's direct number? Preferably the MFR site in PA?

In response to PainPeelin: the main thing is that I want it to be covered by REI since this is what they have promised. If it doesn't come in another week I will begin to show them some impatience lol.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
You talking like $50 or less IIRC. Maybe you can hand it to them and they will put it in for free while you wait. I cant imagine they would freak and say, "Oh, we have to send it to Cannondale to do Lefty work." If they do say that run, run really fast with your bike and spring. Jump on Cdale's web site and download the Lefty Max manual and it shows you how to do it. If you screw up every step, it will still take you less than an hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.