Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Please help me out. I got a Devinci Dixon and it comes with a Fox RP23. I haven't bottomed it yet and the RP seems to be running well with no issues. I like the fact that the shock seems to get really plush the bigger the stroke. The price but i usually run the RP open unless I know the trail will climb for a while. I've ridden my AM everywhere from Pemberton and Whistler valley to Squamish and Coquitlam. I've been riding around Slatyfork WV a few days and my local trails in Baltimore. The bike is just amazing to ride. I would like to get a CCDB some day down the road but the RP23 does the job great.

But.. I would like to set up the RP23 to sag 25%. I weigh 260 naked with hands together praying to god for a decent number when I look down at the scale. Since I'm such a fatass I can't get the sag I need unless I go over max recommended air pressure of 200psi. Do any of you ever pump up the RP23 higher than 200? Has anyone heard of any problems resulting of going over? I searched for an answer but only got Fox's warning.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks V! I must have so excited about a new bike that reading comprehension took a back seat. That link was much easier to read than the owner manuel too.

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Homeless Junkie - I'm similar in weight, and running over 250psi in my Float. I'm happy with the sag and trail characteristics of the shock, but it's horrible over sharp/big hits. I can't seem to get the shock to move past 2/3 of it's travel unless I significantly drop my pressure. Then I have too much sag and wallowing through the travel all the time.

Suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts