Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
anybody know? I'm looking at the 03' with a marz DJ fork.
I can help u there bro!!!! ive been rdiing an 03 since march.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40600

thats it there. it doesnt feel heavy and rides very well. i even do XC rides on it and stuff. ive even commuted on pavement to work several times. but it sure isnt an XC bike. lol

ill throw it on the scales for u in an hour or 2 and reply again

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
aight fellas, i might be rreadin it wroung but mine a medium reads as 39 pounds... but it is pretty darn dirty!!!

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
yeah, I rode one, and it felt pretty heavy to pick up, but on the trail it felt really light, and that fvcker climbed really well for how much bike it is.

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flyingwalrus said:
yeah, I rode one, and it felt pretty heavy to pick up, but on the trail it felt really light, and that fvcker climbed really well for how much bike it is.

yeah! I just ran into a guy who was riding one on the trail yesterday and i got a chance to just pick it up real quick and it wasnt bad at all.... and that was with one of the older shiverDC's on there! he also said it pedaled amazingly for what you'd expect. I think I'm sold.
now its just a matter of waiting for a couple things to sell on ebay!
So would it be considered spam if mentioned that I'm selling a guitar amp on ebay?

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
yeah! I just ran into a guy who was riding one on the trail yesterday and i got a chance to just pick it up real quick and it wasnt bad at all.... and that was with one of the older shiverDC's on there! he also said it pedaled amazingly for what you'd expect. I think I'm sold.
now its just a matter of waiting for a couple things to sell on ebay!
So would it be considered spam if mentioned that I'm selling a guitar amp on ebay?
how much travel did the shiver have! thats crazy! i wouldnt run an 8 incher on mine unless it was 7 lol i cant remmber how much travel it has... would make the head angle supper slack

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm. dont know how much travel that shiver had, it looked like the older ones, maybe the first production year model? what do you have on the front end by the way?

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
a DJ3 but its pissin me off right now. i was running it softer but whenever i went to do a jump when it was soft it would sorta abosrb the jump and slow me the **** down so its stiffer now, i just gotta it ramps again... i would be right now if the weather was decent and i wasnt workin soo god damn much!

im mostlikely gunna trow on to it one of those new freeride forks like the marz 66, manitou kingpin, or fox 36 or the um RS pike

6 inchs or 7 is the max id put on an atomik atleast the 03 cuz its only got 5.2 inchs of travel, although im not sure if u can put the 04 linkage plates on there and run more travel...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts